Need a little help with external sw setup

frankiev

Experienced
Im trying to setup 2 external switch to control x/y . I followed the mfc101 manual to setup global on off for amp and delay x/y . Im having difficulty understanding how to set it up to override the global settings on a per preset basis . I see in the manual pg 39 it says I can do this but i sure cant understand what its saying can someone please help me out and explain it in english . i keep reading it but it makes no sense to me .It says I must first select a preset . Ok . then it says a setting of gbl for sw function allows the global settings to operate ignoring any other settings made whenever the preset is selected . What? Does that mean I turn gbl off? what about changing cc#'s sent ? ( Im dreading setting up the wah wah)

Are you trying to get the switch to do something else on a certain preset? "GBL" means it will use the global switch settings. If you change it from "GBL" to a CC# or OFF, you're editing what the switch does for that preset only.

Thanks .. I want to use these two switches for dedicated x/y switching . I set it up global for amp and delay . Now in each preset I may want to change that to control a different x/y function . So if I understand you correctly I turn off gbl and assign a difft cc# that would work ?

Back
Top Bottom