Nebula Style IR's Possible Inside The Axe?

shodan5000

Inspired
I've been dinging around with Nebula Pro recently and have been impressed. Anyhoo, I got to thinking with the apparent focus shifting towards IR's now what is the possibility of the Axe being able to run these types of IR's in the box?

Kevin (at OwnHammer) uses Nebula and creates(ed) IR files for Nebula. I can't see why you couldn't simply do your thing within Nebula and then convert the IR's for the Axe. OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic. Since I am not versed in Nebula I would suggest contacting Kevin for the real skinney. OwnHammer.com - Contact Form

Yeah, I am aware of OwnHammer and Kalthallen Nebula cabs. I don't think it works this way as far as simply creating an IR for the Axe. My main question I guess is will the Axe ever be able to run Nebula style cab impulses? Is it worth it?

You could always try setting up a file with Nebula and then doing a tone match, unless I'm totally missing something here. I am not sure that the Axe-fx II will ever be able to match Nebula when it comes to IR handling. My understanding is that it's a great deal of processing power used for that particular program.

I'm pretty sure Nebula processes longer IR's which gives more detail and room to the cab, the issue is processing power! I'd guess it won't happen unless a future update to hardware introduces more processing power!

Nebula is like a dynamic IR, instead of just being a measured response from one moment in time like a traditional IR, so to speak.

Think of it akin to if you were able to take a bunch of IR's when driving the speaker/cab to various levels, and then being able to instantly switch between all those IR's in real time as you played.

Cool idea but just haven't really seen it, or other dynamic IR tech really come to market in a mainstream manner yet

Back
Top Bottom