Nature Boy

Rook

Power User
A nice mellow start to the new year for me. I'm not really much of a "Jazz Guitar" guy normally - I like my jazz guitar with lots of Fusion: Mclauglin, Di Meola, Gambale etc. Never herd of Irving Ashby before, but.. oh my. Sleek, fleet yet understated lines on the guitar that support the song nicely but have enough flash and flair to make you take notice. Never mind that it is a brilliantly written song. If any of our Jazz oriented fractal brothers and sisters out there have more suggestions of stuff like this for me to check out, I'd love to hear them :)

Happy new year, all!

Damn fine. Tommy Emmanuel was actually my first real rock concert. He was supporting Clapton, and blew slow hand off the stage. To be fair SRV had died on tour with Clapton only about a month before, so I have to give him a break, but Tommy came out breathing fire!

Nice. I have yet to see Tommy live, but have lots of video. He's on my bucket list though so if he's ever in range I will make the time to see him.

The one in that video above that really impresses me is Vinny Raniolo. The guy is a rhythm machine with amazingly smooth and fast chord changes, and a beast right arm.

Back
Top Bottom