NAMM 2022 meetup?

Just posted this on another thread, about going to Namm, so I might as well RT here :)
"Hi guys and gals!
I planned to go to Namm at least once. From what I understood, it's a "professionals only" kind of event, right? Or is there a way to buy a ticket to visit the show for a regular ol' bloke like myself? Or is there a way to get an invitation or something? Sorry for the total newbie questions. Jus want to see if it is possible to plan that trip :)
Peace!
David"

Would love to meet people from here :)

Just posted this on another thread, about going to Namm, so I might as well RT here :)
"Hi guys and gals!
I planned to go to Namm at least once. From what I understood, it's a "professionals only" kind of event, right? Or is there a way to buy a ticket to visit the show for a regular ol' bloke like myself? Or is there a way to get an invitation or something? Sorry for the total newbie questions. Jus want to see if it is possible to plan that trip :)
Peace!
David"

If you are not in the industry you need an invite…ask a shop owner or guitar builder you know…?

"Hi guys and gals!
Peace!
David"

Pretty sure you can just pay the $ and sign up, regardless of whether or not you are a "professional".

Pretty sure you can just pay the $ and sign up, regardless of whether or not you are a "professional".
You must be in the business to be a member. And you must be a member or exhibitor to get a badge for the trade show.

Normally, non-exhibiting members get a couple of badges for free. This year however, that will cost you $395. I expect NAMM will be very lightly attended this year.

I just went to the website and there's a link to register to attend. It asks you to create an account unless you already have one. I'm assuming anyone (even nobodies) can do so.

I just went to the website and there's a link to register to attend. It asks you to create an account unless you already have one. I'm assuming anyone (even nobodies) can do so.
+1 i know several people who have done this. I believe it was 95 dollars

If you look at the exhibitor map, you'll see it's pretty sparse. Because of that, they are relaxing the attendance rules this year and you don't need to be a member to get a badge. But if you want to get the typical NAMM experience, 2022 won't be that.

I live in the area (about 4 miles down the road) but I'm not sure if I'm going to the show or not. I don't feel like renewing my NAMM membership and I probably wouldn't consider going at all this year (I've been going since the mid-80s so I'm a little over it) but someone is delivering a guitar for me. I also have a couple of gigs that weekend (one public and one private) so I'm all up in the air. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

If you look at the exhibitor map, you'll see it's pretty sparse. Because of that, they are relaxing the attendance rules this year and you don't need to be a member to get a badge. But if you want to get the typical NAMM experience, 2022 won't be that.
Actually, I just looked and they are selling badges for $95 on the website. That IS a new development.

Actually, I just looked and they are selling badges for $95 on the website. That IS a new development.
That's right. As I mentioned, they've relaxed the rules this year for obtaining a badge. I think it's safe to say that's because they're trying to boost the attendance for the sake of the few exhibitors who will be there. Under normal circumstances, lack of attendees is not an issue for NAMM. This year, however, things are different.

Back
Top Bottom