Name Timeout, but with a twist

aleclee

Power User
I have an audition in 25 minutes and my MFC isn't communicating with my AxeFx. I've swapped cables (both Cat 5 & DIN, with appropriate MFC settings) but the MFC isn't hearing what the AxeFx has to say. I also updated MFC to 2.15 (AxeFx already on 9.02) and did a factory reset on the MFC but that didn't change anything.

The "twist" is that when I change presets on the AxeFx front panel, the MFC reflects the change in preset # (no name or FX settings). Also, the MFC tempo button's light flashes in sync with the tempo light on the AxeFx. Button 17 is lit red. The up and down buttons are both lit green, and the LED on the appropriate preset's button is lit green as well.

So some but not all info is going from the Axe to the MFC and nothing seems to be going from the MFC to the Axe. Has anyone seen this behavior or do I need to contact support on Monday?

Off to my audition, sans pedalboard. :(

Thanks!

I have an audition in 25 minutes and my MFC isn't communicating with my AxeFx. I've swapped cables (both Cat 5 & DIN, with appropriate MFC settings) but the MFC isn't hearing what the AxeFx has to say. I also updated MFC to 2.15 (AxeFx already on 9.02) and did a factory reset on the MFC but that didn't change anything.

The "twist" is that when I change presets on the AxeFx front panel, the MFC reflects the change in preset # (no name or FX settings). Also, the MFC tempo button's light flashes in sync with the tempo light on the AxeFx. Button 17 is lit red. The up and down buttons are both lit green, and the LED on the appropriate preset's button is lit green as well.

So some but not all info is going from the Axe to the MFC and nothing seems to be going from the MFC to the Axe. Has anyone seen this behavior or do I need to contact support on Monday?

Off to my audition, sans pedalboard. :(

Thanks!
Just had the same problem, Went through the abs of the set up and everything was right.Emailed support and LUCKY for me I only live 30min from the repair shop in Nh. There is A chip that had blown that was the issue .
This was not from plugging the USB into the eathernet port by mistake it was just gone. Had it repaired in 1 hour and all is fine. That may be your issue as well.

On the plus side, I got the call even without a working pedalboard. :) Fortunately, there wasn't any stunt guitar work or a lot of patch changes needed. I mainly worked the timbre with my guitar's volume control.

Now I just need to get this thing fixed.

Just had the same problem, Went through the abs of the set up and everything was right.Emailed support and LUCKY for me I only live 30min from the repair shop in Nh. There is A chip that had blown that was the issue .
This was not from plugging the USB into the eathernet port by mistake it was just gone. Had it repaired in 1 hour and all is fine. That may be your issue as well.
Looks like that was it for me as well. I spent a lot more on shipping than on the actual repair.

My new bandmates are going to **** their pants when they get a load of my fully-operational AxeFx. :ugeek

I had the same problem last night at rehearsal. Some communication but no sync. I played soley through the Super using my guitar volume knobs and went over and hit the drive bypass when I needed it. Kind of liberating to not be so focused on that damn MFC. Just like old times.

Anyway, turns out the RJ45 jack in the back of the AXE had some bent pins. They pop out of the retaining slots and get bent and short, or don't make contact to the plug. I pulled mine myself and ordered some extras online for when it happens again.

Back
Top Bottom