Nailing this clean tone?

ConnorGilks

Experienced

Trying to nail this gorgeous 8 string clean tone. I've been messing with the USA Clean amp since it's got a nice sparkle to it, trying to use a decent amount of treble, cutting mids some, and cutting everything below about 150Hz and it's getting me on the right track but I still feel very far off from nailing this tone. I'm using my neck and middle pickup together on my RG8 (With BKP Cold Sweats) since I figured that would be the best choice. There's a very rounded pluckiness to it that I can't seem to nail either. The more ideas the better so throw them out there! :)

NOTE: I'm not looking to nail his delay/reverb effects, JUST the clean tone itself.

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like it's instrument direct to board to me!

Think the Tube Pre would be best then? It's incredible. He says in the description he's plugged into a bass amp, but it certainly doesn't sound like it.

EDIT: Great suggestion, I'm slowly getting closer. Using a blend of the Tube Pre and the SV Bass right now and it sounds pretty nice, but there's still two things missing, the pluckiness of the strings (not harsh though, very rounded) and the bottom strings just aren't as responsive/don't have as much high end as I'd like. It also feels like there's still a bit too much harmonic content, so I'm gonna try a few other things and see what happens.

Keep the ideas coming! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom