NAD: Port City Pearl 100w

Daniel- any chance you might share a couple of your presets that you run straight into the amp with? I've been meaning to try this into my vintage BF Fender amps for a while now and never have made time for it. Just curious to see the specifics as far as what you've found works for you. I realize my BF amps are likely a bit different than your amp's front end and tone stack.. just curious hwo you approach this considering your knowledge with amp design, etc.

I asked him the same thing and he suggested just setting everything at noon, bright switch off on amp. For AxeFX - poweramp modelling on, cab modelling off...or on but not in the signal chain before FXLOOP for output 2 to Pearl. Then just try the stock amp settings with just minor tweaking and it seriously is that easy and sounds that good!

For me and my Pearl, I have the bass dialed just before noon, mids at about 3 o'clock, treble just past noon, bright switch off, level around noon. This is pretty ideal sounding to my ears when using the axe fx models, even clean amp models.

Back
Top Bottom