n00b - please help - Front Input doesn't work

benjaminb

Bought the Axe-FX Ultra used from the Forum and the front input worked, now it doesn't. What did I do and how come it doesn't work?

Help please.

Are the leds lighting up when you plug in and play?

Input1 & Output1 knobs turned up?

Is the Bypass button lit up?

Were you tweaking in the I/O menus prior to silence? Check the correct Input is selected in there (Input1 is front 'Instrument' input).

Well if you can get sound out of the rear inputs, Iød just open up the unit and check if it has come loose in some way?

Fix it or have it fixed, it doesn't have to be a big deal.

Jens

Can you get a response out of either rear input? If you get no response from the front Input and the Rear Left input, chances are something's popped the circuit that controls the front and rear left input (as they're on the same circuit). It's about a $60 USD repair from Fractal.

Can you confirm you changed the Input 1 setting to Front and not Rear in the I/O menu?

Did you leave a cable connected to rear In 1 L when trying the front input? That would prevent the front input from working.

The input select in the I/O menu doesn't matter for this troubleshooting--it's a software EQ toggle (high freq. deemphasis intended for front input), not an actual input select.

Hey Bakerman, nope I didn't leave a cable in the rear 1 L.

I appreciate all the help on this thread and hope it helps somebody in the future. The good news is that the rear 1 L does work, so I can continue to gig with it. I figured I did something stupid and shut it off, but it looks like maybe not.

loose connection

Well if you can get sound out of the rear inputs, Iød just open up the unit and check if it has come loose in some way?

Fix it or have it fixed, it doesn't have to be a big deal.

Jens

I had a the same problem the front connection came off fixed it myself

Back
Top Bottom