My (very frustrating) IR shootout for my Matchless DC30 Patches....

Kevin, if you check this out there is a few of yours in here, including that 1x12 CL freebie you posted. It's the last one. :)

Just saw this now, have been away from "the internet" a while, been super busy on some immediate and future sampling projects. Happy to hear the above, as for me, this source fits best with #10, then #7 or #6 or #8 depending on the objective, whatever they all are. The others may fit well or better with other sources, but for this guitar, patch, style, and hands behind them those were the ones I found most suitable, and BEFORE I scrolled down and saw this. :lol

Fwiw, I love that Stone Age cab, closed back sampling style, with the English V30's. I lost a whole day this last week on that thing from chugga chugga stuff to stuff like this when I was shooting out the Axe-Fx against my tube rig death match style, as I am needing to reorganize some of my racks and scale down on some gear. In those noodlings I found that the Stone Age/V30-EN-## stuff to be quite possibly the best "player satisfaction" combination I've experienced (though in my deep dark cave I admit I haven't tried it all), the nuance and intelligibility in the midrange is just so pleasing to the touch. :)

Very cool comparison here!

Just saw this now, have been away from "the internet" a while, been super busy on some immediate and future sampling projects. Happy to hear the above, as for me, this source fits best with #10, then #7 or #6 depending on the objective, whatever they all are. The others may fit well or better with other sources, but for this guitar, patch, style, and hands behind them those were the ones I found most suitable, and BEFORE I scrolled down and saw this. :lol

Fwiw, I love that Stone Age cab, closed back sampling style, with the English V30's. I lost a whole day this last week on that thing from chugga chugga stuff to stuff like this when I was shooting out the Axe-Fx against my tube rig death match style, as I am needing to reorganize some of my racks and scale down on some gear. In those noodlings I found that the Stone Age/V30-EN-## stuff to be quite possibly the best "player satisfaction" combination I've experienced (though in my deep dark cave I admit I haven't tried it all), the nuance and intelligibility in the midrange is just so pleasing to the touch. :)

Very cool comparison here!

thanks Kevin, means a lot that you checked it out! There are 4 or 5 of yours in here. i know for sure the new 112 Alnico Silver RVNT00 is one, the freebie, a weird mix of the Bogner 4x12 with Silvers, Blues and a greenback and one more that escapes me.

That's with my crappy headphones. I'll do a second listening with my Beyer later on.
I keep #7 and #8 (can't decide which one I like more) for the same reasons posted before after several plays with my Beyer.

Again, dunno if these will be buried in the mix, but isolated sound the best to me.

I keep #7 and #8 (can't decide which one I like more) for the same reasons posted before after several plays with my Beyer. Again, dunno if these will be buried in the mix, but isolated sound the best to me.
they won't get buried, I promise, lol. 7 and 8 are basic mixes I did of some of the Ownhammer v3 stuff. If 8 is what I think it is, it's sort of a left field combo that just worked.

I think (jeez, like you said, these ears) I enjoyed #3 the most, on both the first and second passes. Nice playing by the way.

Cheers,

Lee

OK, here is the shootout that I was referring to in this thread

Nice tones & overall dynamics J. Curious, have you tried the AMP: Boutique 1 and CAB: Boutique 2x12 Mix cab combo yet? I am wondering if the Matchless Chieftan is more the tone you are looking for with the amp?

Personally I like the final amp/cab combo around 19:00 (the first part was a hint fizzy though wide open). Mainly because it is very Andy Timmons'ish and punchy/honest tones with your strat sound. Very cool stuff mate, thanks for the efforts!

Thanks guys! I'll revisit the Chieftan. I love the DC30, and it sounds great live...I was just taken back by how different I perceived the reamped tones vs what I hear live.

The cab you mentioned is in the shoutout, :)

Here is the IR list, finally! Sorry for the delay!

Listed in order used/played. Any time it says "custom" in the name it's a quick mix I did in Cablab 3. 57/121, usually with the 121 about -3db, just to add a bit of body to the 57.

1: Factory 30 Boutique 121 UR
2: Factory 70 Beatle GB UR
3: Factory 119 AC20 DLX Mix UR
4: Factory 120 Class A Mix UR
5: User 008 OwnHammer V3 112 DLX ALN-SLV RVNT 00 UR
6: User 014 Fractal CP10 Matchbox 212 Custom 57/121 Mix UR
7: User 098 OwnHammer 412 BOG-ST V30E16 RVNT 002
8: User 099 OwnHammer 412 BOG-ST Custom ALNBL/ALNSLV/PR55 Mix UR
9: User 100 Fractal CP10 Fuzzbomb 212 Custom 57/121 Mix UR
10: OwnHammer Freebie 112 Closed Back Mix.

I have to say clip 3 and 4 are sorta the sound I hear in my head when I think of this type of amp. I don't see any reason to go too far down this rabbit hole. I think clip 3 really nails that tone.

I have to say clip 3 and 4 are sorta the sound I hear in my head when I think of this type of amp. I don't see any reason to go too far down this rabbit hole. I think clip 3 really nails that tone.

Yeah, those are two of my favs. The AC20 cab is super focused, almost to the point of being too direct sometimes, seems to be less "bounce", for lack of a better term, but it sounds good with almost any amp. I love the OH ALNSLV, I should probably play around with different mixes and do some mixes myself. I was surprised that the matching cab from CP10 didn't get more love...could be my mix.

In all honesty they are all varying degrees of very good sounding and highly useable options....it's really preference. I just needed you guys to give my ears perspective, lol!

I'm a little late here, but I liked them all. I think 7 and 8 stood out as something I'd use, but they all sound good. Seeing your list, I would have thought I'd like the CP10 stuff first. It'd be interesting to hear them in a tune to see how they stand up. Good playing, btw.

I think it's very hard to say, I like them all, and I really like your playing as well ..
so .. sorry not much help here but I do really like them and I would be perfectly
happy myself with either one of them .

and like I said. .. nice playing man!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom