My Ultra arrived today - Thoughts and thanks...

j8stringer

Inspired
Its here! :D Through all the east coast rain. I did about 3 weeks of pre-prep on this forum and the wiki. Thanks to all for suggestions on FRFR speakers. I ended up with Dynaudio BM6a's cause I'm still chaising two Verve 8ma's at a non-responsive distributor, but that's another story. :x I wanted to give it a run first so I hooked in my Suhr,hit power, set In1 and Out1, and WOW!!!! Studio Lead, Albert's... For now no editing, just riding in1 and out1 for volume control. What a great sound. It was hard to stop playing to write this. I have played 35+ yrs. I own Bruno, Two-Rock, Alessandro, and other tube amps. This was a leap-of-faith for me. I am so happy with this unit and the thought that maybe, this time, the
claims are true. I will post after more time, but for now, I've got some jamming to do! :) :D :lol:

j8stringer said:
............... I will post after more time, but for now, I've got some jamming to do! :) :D :lol:
Yes indeed, first things first! Welcome to the tribe and JAM ON! :D :twisted:
Cheers,
Joel

Welcome, i love my Ultra, been recording and play so much since i purchased it a few months ago, and still am amazed by it each and every day. Can't say that for the other mfx's i've purchased over the years.

The last year and a half I have spent so much time in my studio working on my last 2 CDs that my chops have
taken a big hit. I'm an old school tube guy, so I needed to spend some time learning my DAW software and plug-ins,
to improve tunes I write in my project studio. Well I'm so jazzed at the sound of this Ultra, I'm going to be woodsheding
with it every day, so my chops will be tuned-up in no time! :D I can't believe there are so many sounds I love right
out of the box. Sounds I lusted after for years. :mrgreen: I've been playing since Friday AM, and I'm only on preset 33.

Back
Top Bottom