AFIII My take on the Balance tone

RevDrucifer

Fractal Fanatic
This is one of my favorite VH songs and Ed's tone on this was one of my early "Dude, listen to that!" experiences with guitar tones shortly after I started playing. I flub it a few times but I learned it by ear and wasn't trying for perfection...and I'm not EVH!

Note- This uses Leon Todd's TV Mix 7 IR, you can find it in his Days Of Gifts pack if you don't already have it.

Scene 2 is just a flanger for the middle section and Scene 3 has a Drive added, but it's not really boosting as much as it is softening the attack of the guitar a bit. Also note-I dialed this in with those Dimarzio Evolutions and they've got a LOT of mids with high output, you might have to add some mids if you give the preset a shot.

Attachments

• Balance.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 41
Great tune - nice job all around! It really has that needed clarity / string separation, so you can hear all the notes in those chords high up on the neck. Great ear and great job! Thanks for sharing.

This is one of my favorite VH songs and Ed's tone on this was one of my early "Dude, listen to that!" experiences with guitar tones shortly after I started playing. I flub it a few times but I learned it by ear and wasn't trying for perfection...and I'm not EVH!

Note- This uses Leon Todd's TV Mix 7 IR, you can find it in his Days Of Gifts pack if you don't already have it.

Scene 2 is just a flanger for the middle section and Scene 3 has a Drive added, but it's not really boosting as much as it is softening the attack of the guitar a bit. Also note-I dialed this in with those Dimarzio Evolutions and they've got a LOT of mids with high output, you might have to add some mids if you give the preset a shot.

Awesome work!!

Back
Top Bottom