My Strandberg "Test Drive" Song

axl009

Inspired
Hey guys, just seeing what I can get out of my boden 8. I pretty much covered everything; Cleans, rhythm, solo, thumping. Although I focused more on the writing aspect, rather than tone with this release. Feel free to ask any questions and let me know what you think. You can listen to the other tracks or download the whole EP if you like (it's free!).

Wow... amazing playing. It was hard to listen to the quality because I was trying to picture what your fingers were doing LoL.

If you're in the SoCal area I'd love to jam if you have free time. Some pretty interesting ideas here and I dig the tone. Paul's hit a snag on the invoices for the next run of Boden8's but I'm definitely getting one as soon as him and Ola get it sorted out. I've heard a bunch of people complain about the x-bar distortion tone but I like them from what I just heard. Nice playing.

Dude maybe we could jam. I'm kinda busy with school though. Thank you, I love my boden, however it's got some buzzing issues I need to get fixed. It took me a bit to get mine due to confusion at S7, but I'm patient. The problem with the x-bar doesn't lie with the pickup itself, but with how the strings are positioned at the bridge. the bridge has the higher strings closer to the pickup and the lower ones further away. the x-bar sounds great with the higher strings, but it becomes really noticeable on the lowest string (if you look at a picture of the production models you'll see what I'm talking about lol). It's kinda like if you had a middle pickup for the lower strings and a regular bridge pickup for the higher ones. It can be fixed by angling the pickup. It gives it a certain character that you have to get used to. I ended up liking it after a bit. It's separates it from other 8 strings and makes it standout, kinda like a signature tone imo. I embrace it because I'd not like to sound like everyone else, you know?

Dude maybe we could jam. I'm kinda busy with school though. Thank you, I love my boden, however it's got some buzzing issues I need to get fixed. It took me a bit to get mine due to confusion at S7, but I'm patient. The problem with the x-bar doesn't lie with the pickup itself, but with how the strings are positioned at the bridge. the bridge has the higher strings closer to the pickup and the lower ones further away. the x-bar sounds great with the higher strings, but it becomes really noticeable on the lowest string (if you look at a picture of the production models you'll see what I'm talking about lol). It's kinda like if you had a middle pickup for the lower strings and a regular bridge pickup for the higher ones. It can be fixed by angling the pickup. It gives it a certain character that you have to get used to. I ended up liking it after a bit. It's separates it from other 8 strings and makes it standout, kinda like a signature tone imo. I embrace it because I'd not like to sound like everyone else, you know?
That would be a hell of a route that you would have to make though if you were to angle the pickup back to be completely adjacent with the bridge haha. I wonder if anyone has actually done that. I totally understand the sentiment about having your own sound, I hope when I get my Boden that I end up loving it too.

Yes, I've seen it done though. You just have to go into it with an open mind. And honestly, it's so damn playable and comfortable that I doesn't even bother me.

Back
Top Bottom