My Soul for Satan

Horganovski

Experienced
Working on a short test track with an old school metal feel, evil, dark and heavy. Using the Diezel model on the Axe FX II. Doubling isn't as tight as I want it yet but the tone is getting closer to what I'm going for.

Guitar is a PRS Custom 22 which is normally quite warm but the Diezel gives it a nice bite.

Thanks! Yeah it's a 22 fret version (there was also a 24 fret one but I preferred the tone of the 22). I got it back in the late 90's when I worked in a music store. We got 8 in stock and I played them all and fell in love with that one. Paid a little over trade price for it. No way I could afford full price then!

Scale length wise I believe the PRS sits somewhere in between a Strat scale length and a Les Paul, think it's 25 if I recall correctly. The same gauge strings on a strat always feel a little stiffer anyway.

Nice, yeah I played a Fender Mustang the other day and the short scale length was actually kind of cool. I worry about switching around scale lengths and muscle memory, playing guitar is hard enough as it is, but they aren't as different as I thought. Now my Schecter 7 string at 26.5 scale, that *is* different!

Back
Top Bottom