My Slash Wah Sim

Nero

Inspired
Hey guys, I'm a huge Slash fan, I have both his signature wah pedals, the 18v with the Fuzz and the Classic (newer one), the Classic wah sounds better to me so i wanted to match it as close as I could, the preset below is just a wah block with the settings so if you like it you can save it as a block preset.

I'm also including a picture of the controller, I'm using a Roland EV-5, the EV-5 has a much larger sweep than the crybaby, going from heel to toe with the crybaby is much quicker so i edited the controller so it feels closer to it.

The Slash Wah also has a slightly hotter output when engaged (it's true bypass) so i accounted for that as well with a 0.5dB boost, this is the closest I could get to the actual pedal, I tested it with my presets and sounds pretty close.

For testing I used a Gibson Les Paul with Slash Signature pickups which are lower output and darker than the typical pickup (specially compared to gibson 57 classics)

Also it uses PEDAL 1 and has autoengage

Try it and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• SC95 Slash Classic Wah.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Controller.png
    Controller.png
    274 KB · Views: 155
  • Block.png
    Block.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 157
Going to look at this for sure. I'm never happy with my Wahs ... one day they sound good, get to practice or gig and then not so much. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm a huge Slash fan, I have both his signature wah pedals, the 18v with the Fuzz and the Classic (newer one), the Classic wah sounds better to me so i wanted to match it as close as I could, the preset below is just a wah block with the settings so if you like it you can save it as a block preset.

I'm also including a picture of the controller, I'm using a Roland EV-5, the EV-5 has a much larger sweep than the crybaby, going from heel to toe with the crybaby is much quicker so i edited the controller so it feels closer to it.

The Slash Wah also has a slightly hotter output when engaged (it's true bypass) so i accounted for that as well with a 0.5dB boost, this is the closest I could get to the actual pedal, I tested it with my presets and sounds pretty close.

For testing I used a Gibson Les Paul with Slash Signature pickups which are lower output and darker than the typical pickup (specially compared to gibson 57 classics)

Also it uses PEDAL 1 and has autoengage

Try it and let me know what you think!
Thanks for sharing ! I have the FX8 but this way I can use your setting.

To the OP:

Save the wah block (not preset) in Axe-Edit (while you have the block open, left bottom).

Find your wah block location on your computer. Mine is something like this:

file:///C:/Users/yourName/Documents/Fractal%20Audio/Axe-Edit/blocks/Wah/

you should see your block:
SC95 Slash Classic Wah.blk

If you share your .blk (block) instead of .sys (preset), then XL and FX8 users may can just drop it in the Axe-Edit block folders ( see above ) and load them in their block (in that case wah).

I hope it makes sense.

To the OP:

Save the wah block (not preset) in Axe-Edit (while you have the block open, left bottom).

Find your wah block location on your computer. Mine is something like this:

file:///C:/Users/yourName/Documents/Fractal%20Audio/Axe-Edit/blocks/Wah/

you should see your block:
SC95 Slash Classic Wah.blk

If you share your .blk (block) instead of .sys (preset), then XL and FX8 users may can just drop it in the Axe-Edit block folders ( see above ) and load them in their block (in that case wah).

I hope it makes sense.

There are 2 screenshots attached, one of the block settings and one of the controller settings, you can easily convert the preset with fractool, or just copy the settings from the screenshot :)

I tried it. Just open the OP's preset and copy the block and paste it an existing preset. It sounds cool,not that different than the stock crybaby to my ears.

I tried out the slash wah, and it was cool, but I think it may have too much mids for my taste. Will try it with the band next time...

Haven't tried it at practice yet but after checking it out I added it as the wah for all my presets. Thanks very much.

Back
Top Bottom