My problem is bigger than i thought ....

KSPeace

Inspired
So i had this posted down below in the software grouping .. but now i just tried to build a preset manually, saved it with a goofy name into preset 001, saved it from the face of the axe fx, used the shuttle wheel and navigated to preset 2, then back to preset 1 and poof, gone ...

Pulling hair out .. what am i missing .. or is the internal batter toast?

Here is my post from down below ...

OK ... just upgraded from the Axe Fx II MKII to the Axe Fx II XL+

I am running a MAC computer. I have the latest FractalBot, Latest AxeEdit, Good new USB cable.

I opened FractalBot and it connected right up to the XL+, checked the appropriate boxes and did the firmware update. Checked the firmware update via the front panel. GREAT

Now I am trying to update the factory preset banks .... nothing ... everything shows connected, I show 'midi in' lit on the face of the axe fx, nothing.

If i go into Axe Edit and go to Import Preset and manually import a preset into 001, it imports it. I click save, go to preset 002 and then back to preset 001 and its gone ... open up the preset list and it is blank :(

What noodle head thing am i doing wrong??

Thanks guys

Kevin

So i had this posted down below in the software grouping .. but now i just tried to build a preset manually, saved it with a goofy name into preset 001, saved it from the face of the axe fx, used the shuttle wheel and navigated to preset 2, then back to preset 1 and poof, gone ...

Pulling hair out .. what am i missing .. or is the internal batter toast?

Here is my post from down below ...

OK ... just upgraded from the Axe Fx II MKII to the Axe Fx II XL+

I am running a MAC computer. I have the latest FractalBot, Latest AxeEdit, Good new USB cable.

I opened FractalBot and it connected right up to the XL+, checked the appropriate boxes and did the firmware update. Checked the firmware update via the front panel. GREAT

Now I am trying to update the factory preset banks .... nothing ... everything shows connected, I show 'midi in' lit on the face of the axe fx, nothing.

If i go into Axe Edit and go to Import Preset and manually import a preset into 001, it imports it. I click save, go to preset 002 and then back to preset 001 and its gone ... open up the preset list and it is blank :(

What noodle head thing am i doing wrong??

Thanks guys

Kevin
Make sure you hit "save" twice before flipping back and forth between presets, especially if you change the name. The first "save" saves the name, and the second "save" saves the patch. I've lost edits accidentally by only hitting save once.

Save, enter, enter on the front panel controls is required to save changes with out the edit. With the edit hitting save before changing presets should do it.

Make sure you hit "save" twice before flipping back and forth between presets, especially if you change the name. The first "save" saves the name, and the second "save" saves the patch. I've lost edits accidentally by only hitting save once.
I'm not sure about the axe front panel I never use it for edits but when in axe edit, clicking save just once saves everything in the preset including the name!!!!

Yep, proper save procedures were followed both on the front panel and axe edit ... is been using a mkII for 2 years prior to this XL+

It has difficulty pulling up the factory presets much less saving changes to one ... if you click on those video links, you can see me changing and saving a preset name

Matt from Fractal emailed (on a Saturday night) and said Charlie was going to take a look at my problem, they are already guessing it may be a bad memory. Wow ... all i can say is, thanks Cliff and crew for being so diligent on after the sale support! :)

I'm not sure about the axe front panel I never use it for edits but when in axe edit, clicking save just once saves everything in the preset including the name!!!!
Not on mine. When I change the name of a preset the first save only saves the name change (in AXE-Edit). If no name change is made one save is all it takes.

Not on mine. When I change the name of a preset the first save only saves the name change (in AXE-Edit). If no name change is made one save is all it takes.
You haven't pressed enter in the preset name then....

If you change the preset name and don't press [enter] then the first click on the save button is effectively like pressing [enter]... hence why two presses on save works for you

If the Yellow "Edited" light on the front of the Axe FX is lit, changes have been made to a patch and need to be saved. Changing to a different patch when this light is lit will lose all changes made to that preset. Simple as that.

OK, spoke with Charlie this afternoon via the phone ... he is pretty sure the memory chip is bad ... hence it not letting me save changes and having difficulty loading the factory presets ... shipping it north tomorrow so he can work his magic on it.

:)

Back
Top Bottom