My "OMC9" setup

I think this is what I am looking to do
have presets for songs
then scenes inside the preset for parts of songs (intro, verse etc)
it would require a bank or the mc6 and a preset on the fm3, correct?
Yes. The way I did it is to create different banks in the MC6 for the scenes of the selected preset. So if I select my main preset on the FM3, it will trigger the MC6 to jump to a specific bank where I've labeled the scenes for that preset.

Yes. The way I did it is to create different banks in the MC6 for the scenes of the selected preset. So if I select my main preset on the FM3, it will trigger the MC6 to jump to a specific bank where I've labeled the scenes for that preset.
OK AWESOME!
How did you do this?

OK AWESOME!
How did you do this?

I copied the original “scenes” MC6 template and pasted it in several banks in the MC6 editor. Then edited each bank with the specific names of each scene for each preset. The trick is, when you select the preset, in the Morningstar editor, you have your “press” bank jump to the proper scene bank.

I copied the original “scenes” MC6 template and pasted it in several banks in the MC6 editor. Then edited each bank with the specific names of each scene for each preset. The trick is, when you select the preset, in the Morningstar editor, you have your “press” bank jump to the proper scene bank.

was scenes mc6 template something you downloaded or made?
and what are you using as your bank jump press? an external switch or a long hold on a button on the mc6?

was scenes mc6 template something you downloaded or made?
and what are you using as your bank jump press? an external switch or a long hold on a button on the mc6?
If you look in this thread at post #13, the section under MC6 Setup shows you how to set up your MC6 to recall presets and scenes. When you have your "Preset" bank set up in the MC6, you can add a command to "bank jump" on the same press as when you select the preset. If you set up several "Scenes" banks on the MC6, you can select which bank to jump to when you select/press the preset you want.

So if you have 3 presets on your MC6, each of those will have a PC message to recall the preset you dictate on the FM3 and also bank jump to the scenes bank you choose for that preset so you can change the names of the scenes instead of just having "Scene 1, Scene 2, etc."

@hole thank you for all the work you have put into that. I'm trying to wrap my head around wether or not one could incorporate morningstar's Fractal integration into this. Would probably need to add some bank with a preset and a scene button, that open the corresponding integration function on the MC6 and trigger those buttons from the fm3. Unfortunately, the two drawbacks that one would have is, you'd need quite a number of such banks for that, each with their own offset and the integration doesn't allow for preset offsets > 383. :/

@hole thank you for all the work you have put into that. I'm trying to wrap my head around wether or not one could incorporate morningstar's Fractal integration into this. Would probably need to add some bank with a preset and a scene button, that open the corresponding integration function on the MC6 and trigger those buttons from the fm3. Unfortunately, the two drawbacks that one would have is, you'd need quite a number of such banks for that, each with their own offset and the integration doesn't allow for preset offsets > 383. :/
I messed around a bit with the fractal integration, and I think the way @hole did it works better. I wrote to morningstar about trying to get both methods to work together and they said that you cant do it with the current firmware. IM ok with seeing just scene number instead of names really though. The FM3 is right next to me and I can see it there, and hopefully we will get the larger display that's on the wishlist on the FM units.

@hole thank you for sharing such valuable information! Do you know if it would be possible to set one of an MC3's buttons for toggling between PRESETS MODE, SCENES MODE and EFFECTS MODE in the FM3; and having the other two buttons function for paging up and down in the selected mode?

I think you can set up an FM3 button to do two things, one with 'tap' and one with 'hold'. Same as I did with the presets and looper button (right most button). Not sure if 3 functions on one button can be done.

Haven't messed around with it because it suits my needs. Same for FM3 integration on the MC6. I don't need it so haven't messed around with it.

Back
Top Bottom