My new Ultra setup

racetra

Inspired
Here is my latest setup. Ditched the 4x12 for two 2x12s. This is by far the best I have gotten it to sound.

Axe Ultra
Carvin HD1500 SS amp 300w per side.
Bottom Cab: Carvin Legacy 2x12 with WGS speakers (Veteren 30 & ET65)
Top Cab: Carvin Legacy 2x12 with Celestian V30's

Pros: Sounds better than anyting I have used.
Cons: No Wheels

DSC_0085.jpg

Why did you drop the 4x12 w/v30's out of curiosity. Was it too boxy, not enough separation, etc?

I'm currently running my Ultra into a Marshall 4x12 with v30s and an Avatar 2x12 w/v30 and G12H30. Both running at 16ohm from a MosValve power amp. Sounds pretty tits if I do say so myself.

I'll be workin out some sort of wheeled device since I am old and beat up from the feet up:mrgreen !

The WGS speakers in the bottom cab give it a nice bottom end and the V30's give it a rich mid to top end. I am running the same signal to both and to me, it just doesn't have that High mid spike. I will be using it tomorrow at an outdoor Park gig so we will see how it goes. i am gonna try to get some video. I am running speaker cab sims from ch1 to the board too. We'll see!!

QUOTE=BBN;533495]Home Depot....get a hand truck.
Could be the best money you ever spend.[/QUOTE]

Roger that. I was lookin at some the other day at Lowes. The real nice ones are at Grainger and are about $175-200. Nice pnumatic tires and they fold down to make a cart. They will last forever too. I have had the cheap ones and with a lot of hard use, the wheels fall apart and they just dont seem to last.

This is the bad boy and is a little more but it will be that last HT you will ever buy.

Truck, Hand, 750 Lb - Hand Trucks - Carts and Trucks - 4W323 : Grainger Industrial Supply

I had one for at least 15 years but it got swiped!

Back
Top Bottom