My new Ultra is here, my new Ultra is here!!!

Stephen13

Inspired
Wow! That was FAST. I ordered my Ultra early Wednesday morning and it arrived yesterday. I didn't think there was any way possible for it to get here before Christmas. The only problem is I haven't even had a chance to plug in yet. As soon as it arrived yesterday we had to leave for dinner at the in-law's house. We didn't get home until late and now the wife is still asleep. We have more family stuff going on today so I may not actually get to plug in until tonight some time... if then. Oh well, it will at least give me plenty of time to read thru the manual.

I am SO looking forward to using this thing and learning even more about it from fellow forum members. I've got a MidiSport 2x2 on the way to connect my Vaio (64 bit Vista) to the Ultra. This is probably where I will need some help. I am so NOT computer savvy so I'll probably need a little help in that department so a big THANK YOU to you all in advance.

Merry Christmas everyone!

It must be hard trying to get time alone with it. :lol:
I got practice this evening so I getz to play.... :p Welcome to the Journey!

I ordered mine last Friday 17th, and it didnt make it. I hope it shows up on Monday but UPS tracking says its gonna be until Tuesday 28th :(

Well I am a bit stunned right off the bat but not in a good way. For as expensive and sophisticated as this unit is why isn't there a USB port on it?

Stephen13 said:
Well I am a bit stunned right off the bat but not in a good way. For as expensive and sophisticated as this unit is why isn't there a USB port on it?

Are you serious man? I can't believe yours didn't come with a USB port. You must have gotten a defective unit. I am pretty sure Fractal will send you the correct version if you email them here:

axefxusbreimbursementprogram@fractalaudio.com

* I kid, I kid, but any amount of research before investment would have yielded this information.

Well I wouldn't call it a deal breaker but to me it seems a little odd that a unit as nice as the Axe is doesn't have a USB connection. I've read several threads here on the forum where people have had problems getting their USB/MIDI converters to work with their Axe. It seems only logical that a USB connection should have been included in the design. Doesn't it?

I just received mine from Tone Merchants a few days ago and had to wait until christmas to play it. Be forewarned - highly addictive. It took me an hour or so to get to sound right with my mixer but i am floored. It sounds amazing. i am having trouble with uploading new presets as i accidentally erased the Crystal Echoes preset and I love that one. Otherwise it is so much fun.

Enjoy

briandavidsinger@me.com
:arrow:
:idea:

Stephen13 said:
Are you serious? You bought such a product without even looking at the specs? :shock:

All kidding aside, the Axe-Fx has no USB port. The posts you are referring to are peeps connecting their MIDI interface via some type of USB (on the computer side) adapter. The AFX is not an interface. You record using the various outputs available and you control it via MIDI.

Personally, I hear you, a USB interface is sadly missing (not necessarily to make it an interface bu at least for control whilst connected to a comp), but such is life. More importantly than that though, how does it sound? Lack of USB port certainly does not detract from that aspect of the unit.

I bought Ultra yesterday!
It is the best present i've ever gave myself for Christmas! :cool:

Nice to see you guys here on FA forum !
Greetings from Croatia

Dragianni said:
I bought Ultra yesterday!
It is the best present i've ever gave myself for Christmas! :cool:

Nice to see you guys here on FA forum !
Greetings from Croatia

Nice to see you here :)

Back
Top Bottom