my new rig

xemckidx

I know you guys have all seen this combo a million times now but its because it really is that good. This is my new touring rig. Fractal Audio Systems Axe Fx2 and Matrix GT1000FX power amp. It's replaced 2 dual rectifier rackmounts, a korg rack tuner, a maxon 808 tube screamer, a boss NS-2, an ebtech hum eliminator, and a rackmount power strip all in a shock mounted 12 space mesa rack. I went from around 150lbs to about 33lbs and 3 rack spaces. I can carry this on a plane and fly anywhere in the world with more power and better tone and flexibility than ive ever had with any other guitar amp.375222_10152398686305377_1191566932_n.jpg

I know you guys have all seen this combo a million times now but its because it really is that good. This is my new touring rig. Fractal Audio Systems Axe Fx2 and Matrix GT1000FX power amp. It's replaced 2 dual rectifier rackmounts, a korg rack tuner, a maxon 808 tube screamer, a boss NS-2, an ebtech hum eliminator, and a rackmount power strip all in a shock mounted 12 space mesa rack. I went from around 150lbs to about 33lbs and 3 rack spaces. I can carry this on a plane and fly anywhere in the world with more power and better tone and flexibility than ive ever had with any other guitar amp.

I hear ya. I replaced 100lbs of tube amp head and another 160 lbs of cabinet, a preamp pedal, direct box, rack compressor and tuner with the AxeFx, lightweight solid state power amp and two full range speaker cabs weighing 35 lbs each. On occasion I miss the "girth" of my old heavy tube rig...only on occasion, though. My back is very happy, and I now can rehearse and perform anywhere in any size room and be 100% satisfied with the sounds I'm getting, which I NEVER could do with my old rig.

....good times...

i use a pair of Almighty 8 ohm 4x12 cabs running Celestion g12-k100's. i still prefer the raw power of the stack on stage, that may change at some point but for now i cant quite let go of all my old habits haha..

Back
Top Bottom