My new JV Strat recording.

Interesting... I also use the 900 for that kind of sound.
Bass at ca. 11, Mid and Treble at ca 9. and Presence at ca. 2.30 (all o'clock), Boost on, Gain and Master round halfway?

Don't apologize for your Garage Band recording. It sounds good to me as it is.

fatherjacques said:
I bought a JV Strat upgraded with Suhr FL Standard pickups. While I was looking at Michael Tuttle guitars web site I felt in love with the intro tune. I decided to do a take on it. Please bear in mind that I never record and that I only have Garage Band :mrgreen:

However I like the patch I made for this song

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8825537

merlin17 said:
Interesting... I also use the 900 for that kind of sound.
Bass at ca. 11, Mid and Treble at ca 9. and Presence at ca. 2.30 (all o'clock), Boost on, Gain and Master round halfway?

I will send you the preset if you want. Esaier for me.... :mrgreen: In case I can't write without a mistake.

I have a question about the recording. Listening in my headphones, I can hear an occasional "sizzle / staticy" sound. A couple of examples of this can be heard between 1: 47 - 1:50 and then again around 1:58-1:59.

My questions are:

1) do you guys hear this too?
2) what causes it?

That said, I really enjoyed both the tone and the recording. Nice job!

Thanks,
-Gerald

You are not dreaming. :) This was a one take improvisation without any kind of tests for the recording levels. Simply too much signal (Bass) when I played and I just wanted to see how sounded the JV. May be next time before posting I should make a better recording. A lot of other recording are very high quality in the Forum. Mine is carp I know :mrgreen: ... since I listened to it

Thanks for the comments.

Actually I enjoyed the recording a lot. Just trying to learn something along the way as I sometimes hear that exact same sound in our in-ear monitors while performing live. Sounds like clipping / overload to me, but the sound tech insists nothing is peaking.... so I wondered if something can cause this...

Back
Top Bottom