My new FM21

I wonder if I just took two pieces of hardwood and routed them to fit the side profile, if I could “bind” the two units together in that way. I believe the rubber end pieces are removable, and the unit itself is plenty strong to provide stability as the bridge between. It seems the easiest route without significant metal-working tools available. 3D printing would be lighter, but I don’t have access to that sort of thing. Still brainstorming.

I wonder if I just took two pieces of hardwood and routed them to fit the side profile, if I could “bind” the two units together in that way. I believe the rubber end pieces are removable, and the unit itself is plenty strong to provide stability as the bridge between. It seems the easiest route without significant metal-working tools available. 3D printing would be lighter, but I don’t have access to that sort of thing. Still brainstorming.
that would be cool! Better yet draw up a way to do that but make it so you can pivit the two. In the closed position they would be stacked, open they would sit in the position you have in your op. Much like the Pivotal pedal boards do

that would be cool! Better yet draw up a way to do that but make it so you can pivit the two. In the closed position they would be stacked, open they would sit in the position you have in your op. Much like the Pivotal pedal boards do
That’s a cool looking board… never saw that before today. More ideas…

I notice the FM9 appears to be vented on the sides; I’ll need to account for that.

That’s a cool looking board… never saw that before today. More ideas…

I notice the FM9 appears to be vented on the sides; I’ll need to account for that.
The Pivotal boards are really cool but really expensive so you have to be all in on that deal! If you have basic woodworking skills you should be able to make something like it, I was thinking like a tackle box type of action when you open it up. Keep the materials thin say 1/4" to 3/8" thick to keep the weight down.

Back
Top Bottom