My new FM21

Rick

Axe-Master
I picked up a FC12 from one of our good forum-mates, and am fabbing up a small stand so that the rear of the FM9 rests on it and the front feet rest on the FC12. All together, it's only marginally larger than my old RJM MMGT/22 pedal by itself, and gives me the feel of that sort of control surface in an all-in-one FM/FC setup. It'll be a few weeks until it's ready and gets a stage test, but on my first experiments tonight it didn't turn out to be too large or weird looking... much smaller than some of the nearly 3 foot wide boards I've seen lately.

I haven't set up the FC yet, or really determined the best way to use the switches. I am encouraged at the prospect of getting the pedalboard I've wanted for a long time. Thought I'd share a picture, and see what the forum thought of the concept.

FM21.JPG

Last edited:
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

It's a great idea, but someday, we're all gonna be up to our armpits in gear and not have a place for it all.

This weekend, am doing spring cleaning to free up storage space and fold up cartons, disposing of inner foam and investing in extra bubble wrap if/when the one-in-one-out rule occurs.

I guess it's about the same size as an old MFC? That looks sweet.
The tandem unit setup is bigger than the MFC101. I used to use the RJM MMGT/22 and loved it. You have enough switches on one page to cover everything (for me) with no jumping page to page for scenes, effects, presets. The FM9-FC6 combo is very handy, and is what I’ve been using, but I still need to jump around occasionally in our set… three more switches and I’d stay in one place all night. I didn’t want to go even wider, or have a bunch of loose switches around. So this option occurred to me because you could stack them and keep size to a minimum.

It’s ~16” front to back (2” bigger than the RJM), ~20” side to side (1” bigger), and 6-ish inches tall… obviously, double the height as it’s stacked that way. But the switches are all easy to step on, and there is plenty of space for my foot in there.

If I can fab a stable and lightweight stand to attach them to, this will be seeing some stage tests. I’m actually kind of excited about it, though I’m very early in experimenting with the vertical options. It is fun to try, though.

Add that OCD triple switch maybe?
It’s an option, but I’m already having to stretch away from the mic to get to switches now, and hoped I could get it all right in front of me in just the width of the FM9. That’s more specific to my uses, I guess, but I didn’t have as much of a challenge singing and toe-tapping with the RJM, so that’s what set me one this search path. I like the idea of putting it all into one housing like what @Sixstring shows above, but I’m trying to do it on the cheap… or at least as cheap as an FM9T and FC12 can be.

Ha! My post was kind of a elbow to the ribs joke type of deal! I don't think Jbag pedalboards is making those or at least I dont think it took off like some thought it would. I haven't seen any posted here other than the TY vid.

Either way your addition of an FC12 is cool! That's the other cool thing with FAS products If you need that many buttons they give us that option!

MUCH bigger, MUCH!
Its an Axe III + FC12 + more switches (VOES?? / own design?) all housed in a custom made enclosure.
If I remember correctly, I had few discussions with the guy (Belgium) in the past, he is building all kind of crazy special custom made pedalboards out of Fractal and also other brands.

Its a very nice idea but I would never ever place an AxeIII on the stage floor where beer is constantly spilled and drunk ladies are trying to reach my buttons....

:p;)
I'm pretty sure he meant Rick's rig ;)

It’s an option, but I’m already having to stretch away from the mic to get to switches now, and hoped I could get it all right in front of me in just the width of the FM9. That’s more specific to my uses, I guess, but I didn’t have as much of a challenge singing and toe-tapping with the RJM, so that’s what set me one this search path. I like the idea of putting it all into one housing like what @Sixstring shows above, but I’m trying to do it on the cheap… or at least as cheap as an FM9T and FC12 can be.
Make your stand with a small "lip" in the front and build the switches into it.

Kind of like what some of us do with the Temple Audio boards. It works great...

1714232259606.jpeg

If I can fab a stable and lightweight stand to attach them to, this will be seeing some stage tests. I’m actually kind of excited about it, though I’m very early in experimenting with the vertical options. It is fun to try, though.
I worked up a design but my 3D printer needs a new bed before I can print it. I’ll share the design once I have the bugs worked out.

MUCH bigger, MUCH!
Its an Axe III + FC12 + more switches (VOES?? / own design?) all housed in a custom made enclosure.
If I remember correctly, I had few discussions with the guy (Belgium) in the past, he is building all kind of crazy special custom made pedalboards out of Fractal and also other brands.

Its a very nice idea but I would never ever place an AxeIII on the stage floor where beer is constantly spilled and drunk ladies are trying to reach my buttons....

:p;)
I meant OP's rig, not the one in that video.

Back
Top Bottom