My new baby...

funny_polymath

Fractal Fanatic
Japanese Strat with blue Quilted Maple top and 'original contour body' - and it is: this guitar feels a LOT like my buddy's original '58 strat (he also has an original '59 ES-345!). Neck's definitely chunkier than my Mexi-Strat, and I actually may have it recontoured slightly. The pups have nowhere near the bite I can get out of my Zexcoils, but they're stratty, and fine for now. And she sure is purty!

View attachment 18318View attachment 18319

Last edited:
Cool Strat. Are you going to leave it stock or pop in some new pups and maybe a Callaham bridge?
I am not familar with the Callahan. Will check it out. I recently got a Bladerunner for my other strat. It stays in tune very well, but the feel's a little stiff. Kinda wish I'd sent it back within the 2 week period. My Kahler is still my favorite trem.

I may put zexcoils in it eventually, but even if I don't, I'll probably change to 'tele/strat' wiring - the 5 position will have neck+bridge in the center position rather than the center pup - I never use that alone.

I never use the middle pup alone on a Strat, either. Some people think its the beez neez, I'm sure. I've got my #1 Strat wired with one tone control for neck and mid, the other for bridge. My #2 Strat has tone for bridge, tone for neck and mid wide open. Having the bridge with no tone at all is unusable, IMHO.

Callaham makes good stuff. I've got his Vintage S bridge waiting for me at the post office, in fact. They also make some nice alternative trem bars, including a super-short Gilmour bar.

I am not familar with the Callahan. Will check it out. I recently got a Bladerunner for my other strat. It stays in tune very well, but the feel's a little stiff. Kinda wish I'd sent it back within the 2 week period. My Kahler is still my favorite trem.

I may put zexcoils in it eventually, but even if I don't, I'll probably change to 'tele/strat' wiring - the 5 position will have neck+bridge in the center position rather than the center pup - I never use that alone.

Never had a three-knob strat before. That 3rd knob is right where I pick! Gonna take some getting used to.

Funny, I just bought my first three knob Strat as well and I'm noticing the exact same thing! I got used to it pretty fast -- helps that I really, really like the guitar so I'm playing it a lot.

That's a sweet ride there. Play it in good health!

Back
Top Bottom