My new Axe III is DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is thinking….
I wasn't thinking that at all.

Was this really worth making a post about on a public forum instead of just contacting fractal directly and have them take care of it ( which they of course will without question)? I never understand these posts, ever.
I didn't see anything wrong with his post. He was likely just curious if any members had experienced something similar and possibly had any suggestions.

Nothing wrong with it. Others can learn about how Fractal handles such rare situations. He can also post back to report what damage may have occured in shipping. Sadly you do not get to decide what is important to other people. If this is not important to you, why don't you just move on and leave this man alone? He is just an excited Fractal fan who wanted to connect with the community he just joined. Fractal will make him feel welcome and appreciated. Shame you will not do the same. Move on.

Others can learn how fractal handles these situations? The company is almost 2 decades old, and has a pretty impeccable reputation as far as customer service, yet we need a play by play of how this is working out with fractal to see if they are going to do right by this guy ? Come on man, give me a break. The guy insinuates fractal has quality control issues by stating how the product is checked before leaving the factory etc, and then states it was DOA. It’s all very strange, especially before even contacting fractal about it. You my friend, also don’t get to decide what I feel like posting, so try and keep that in mind.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is thinking….

Was this really worth making a post about on a public forum instead of just contacting fractal directly and have them take care of it ( which they of course will without question)? I never understand these posts, ever.
Never crossed my mind. Also don't speak for me.

Others can learn how fractal handles these situations? The company is almost 2 decades old, and has a pretty impeccable reputation as far as customer service, yet we need a play by play of how this is working out with fractal to see if they are going to do right by this guy ? Come on man, give me a break. The guy insinuates fractal has quality control issues by stating how the product is checked before leaving the factory etc, and then states it was DOA. It’s all very strange, especially before even contacting fractal about it. You my friend, also don’t get to decide what I feel like posting, so try and keep that in mind.
You seem a bit angry. You came down a little hard on a dude who was simply excited to join the Fractal family. He spent his hard earned money on a product and he wanted to share what he is going through. He is not trying to bash the company at all. To the contrary, he is supporting them by giving them his hard earned money. That helps users as well because his money will help to fund future development- so we all benefit. He is not even trying to return his unit which he has every right to do. So this excited new customer comes in here to get a little reassurance and you are giving him a hard time- not cool.

Yes, he accurately stated a fact that Fractal checks every unit before it goes out. So what? He did not insinuate anything. If anything, his statement implies a possible shipping issue, which Fractal also supports. They also had zero issue wiith him bringing up his issue in here. They know they will make it right.

Another point that you failed to consider is that he is doing Fractal a favor. By pointing out the issue he had they can contact the shipper and try to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future. Shippers care very much about damage. They track these packages at nearly every step of the way. They can also review the driver and notice if there is a pattern of damaged items on his/her route. If so, that person will be out. That is also why I asked him if the box showed any evidence of damage.

Fractal does an impressive job of double-boxing their units. It would take a good size hit for a unit to get damaged in transit but it can happen. Forum members, having read about his experience can benefit by requesting to pick up their package at the shipping hub or, as I do, intercept the driver before he/she drops it hard on the doorstep- though I have had limited luck with that approach.

The bottom line is that packages tend to get treated very rough these days. If anything, maybe Fractal can add a couple additional layers of bubble wrap between the two boxes. I think that would go a long way to help this type of issue. Perhaps they can also use a fastener or secure the ribbon cable a bit more. His issue is likely something very simple. Also, now that we are all aware of possible shipping issues, if we ever had to send one of our units back for repair (rare) we would now be sure to take extra care in the packaging. Win/win.

Lastly, nobody called you out until you started giving the new guy a hard time. If you don't approve of what he posts, that is your right. Simply move on. Do you confront people in public for doing and saying things that you do not approve of? You are not the moral authority there or in here. This too is a public space.

Again, there is nothing wrong with him sharing his experience. Ultimately, Fractal will do right by him and he will likely post about that too. Again, as much as you would like to, you do not get to decide what he posts. Keep it classy- move on.

Last edited:
You don't like it , just scroll on past. He did nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom