My mod of VH for V11 Rexx

Rexgtr

Experienced
I was thinking just now, this forum needs another EVH patch! ;)

As close as I could match to EVH's early first album tone.
Reverb is hard L dry dist hard R, phase 90. Cleans up well with guitars volume.
Flanger Chorus and Delay in bypass.
This is a modification of Cliff's VH for V11

Please if you can improve this do share!
:encouragement:

Axe-Change linkage:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - VH For V11 Rexx - by Rexx

PS~ jeesus did I tag my name enough? :lol

Thanks, OK I'll bite and talk with myself for a bit :)

Yesterday I sold my trusty MXR EVH Phase 90 and EVH Flanger. Not sure I'll exactly match the magic those pedals create, close but so far they aren't on the money.
Phase on the AF2 sounds good, I just haven't figured out how to match the EVH Phase, I set the phaser to "script mode"
The Flanger a complete different story, a guy told me the zero thru matches the EVH flanger, I just don't know.
It was a phenomenon that with the EVH Flanger when I would kick it on it would seemingly sweep up and down just like in Unchained.
Any help in this dept would be greatly appreciated.

So far I've struggled with the Axe FX 2 to have biting high gain tones that you don't have to fight to get your pinch harmonics, I think this preset begins that quest to dial that in but it's often a fine line between having a good high gain tone before it turns into a fuzzy mess and of course keeping the Out Clips from glowing red.

ok I downloaded yesterday,I like it ,a bit of bite on the high end but doesn't take your head off.really couldn't stop playing,eruption,feel your love,little dreamer:D yea I have an originally phase 90.haven't quite match it yet. The patch sounds the best with my wolfgang pickup.:encouragement:

Thanks EdgE, This is the first preset I've shared. I've had my FAS AF2/MFC for a little over a month now.
Lot's to learn!
Some of the presets on Axe Change have helped a lot while others sounded like ass.

I found it odd that the jumper 50w plexi sounds hotter than the jumper 100w plexi? I thought that would be the opposite,
or maybe I'm not dialing amp settings right and just reaching for the drive knob.

Back
Top Bottom