• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

My Mission SP-1 doesn't want to work

rickbarclay

Inspired
Shoot. It's late. I'm tired. And now I'm getting pissed.

I just got my Mission SP-1 a couple of hours ago. I connected the pedal
to the pedal port of the AXE. I went to the I/O pedal page and calibrated the pedal.
Then I went to the control page and changed the Ext 1 parameter from "16" to "pedal."
Then I pressed Layout , selected the Wah, pressed EDIt, selected Control, pressed ENTER,
and changed SOURCE to EXT 1.

Then I tested the pedal to see if the ball at the bottom of the graph would move. It didn't.
I repeated this routine several times, all with the same unsuccessful result. I've changed
cables. One thing I haven't done is test the expression pedal on something other than the AXE FX.
I can do that if I have to I don't want to because it would involve going to the local pawn/music store
and asking the nice manager if he would be so kind. I don't want to do that.

I'll probably browse the search engine here tomorrow and see if I can find any useful info, but for now
I would just like to ask if anybody might think of something I haven't done that I need to do to get this pedal
working. Thanks for any help.

rickbarclay

Inspired
Regular, cheap (as in $8.98/20') guitar cables. Do I need special cables? I took note of something
about cable connections and Mission pedal compatibility last night while fooling with the unit.
Should I get Humbusters? Thanks for the input, Chris.

rickbarclay

Inspired
Thanks, buddies. That's what I think I read somewhere, but not knowing the difference between a guitar cable
and a TRS one, I figured one's as good as another. Wrong, I guess. I'll look up some TRS cables, then. Adieu.

Any particular brand you would recommend?

(3 hours later) Just happened to glance at SP-1 User Pamphlet. There it is in gleaming black and white under CONNECTIONS:
"Connect Out 1 to the expression pedal input on your device using a 1/4" TRS-TRS instrument cable such as the Misssion MCTRS3A cable."
Will do, boss.

Slowly but surely...

Also read the Humbuster technology section of the manual. I almost feel like I could make my own, but I think I'll give Best-Tronics a call first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom