My Mfc-101 isn't responding properly, due to fireware upgrade

billymc

Ok, I updated the firmware. At first, when you would tap a few presets the the Screen on the pedal board went blank. Then, it would say something like " No name processing" . The Mfc-101 would not control the unit. I figured this part out with the help of the forum. I just needed to turn the USB adapter mode off. Now, I can scroll through the presets in the bank, but I can't switch banks, via the mfc-101, only manually on the front of the axefx. When I hit the tuner switch it says " waiting for tuner". The tap tempo isn't functioning.

Now some background info, I just upgraded the firmware on the mfc-101 to the new version. I used the axefx as the interface, which I have never done before. I switched a few things in the I/O to make that happen.

Do you guys have any suggestions or is this a bug in the firmware?

Thanks

Your banks not working is likely due to the new bank limit feature. You just need to increase the value on the MFC.

Your tuner issue ....make sure send real time sysex is on. IIRC you can choose off, tempo, tune, or both. You will want both for tuner and tempo functions.

Last edited:
You've been a big help. How do increase the value on the Mfc? I really don't want to sound like an idiot, but I've went through the manual and I can't find anything about that. Everything thing else has been spot on. If it's hard to explain, just give me some reference points, I can figure it out. Thank you sir. :)

You've been a big help. How do increase the value on the Mfc? I really don't want to sound like an idiot, but I've went through the manual and I can't find anything about that. Everything thing else has been spot on. If it's hard to explain, just give me some reference points, I can figure it out. Thank you sir. :)

Its a new feature so you won't find it in the manual. Just from memory ...

EDIT > SETUP > scroll through the menu to BANK LIMIT and increase the value.

Back
Top Bottom