My Metal Rhythm Tone - Low Tunings

Very cool. Is this track just 2 takes panned hard left and right? What kind of EQ'ing did you do to the track in post? And I'm going to guess that the drums are metal machine? Sounds awesome. I absolutely love the beginning riff too with the fast stutter part. Definitely sounds like Meshuggah overall.

edit:
When I load your preset in it only comes out of the left ear...

Last edited:
The patch should work if your version 5.4 and up. I only record one track into pro tools at a time so I just left the patch in mono.

my version is 5.07 it should be right but it shouldn´t
you know why my axe edit can´t read these files?¿?¿?
kind regards
thanks

Make sure you have done these things:

1. You've downloaded the .syx file to a location you know.
2. Open Axe-Edit and make sure it is communicating with your Axe-Fx.
3. Click The "Recall" Drop down menu and choose "Import from Preset File"
4. In the window that pops up, choose the .syx file from the folder you downloaded it to.

Hey toolfanem, I was wondering if you might be able to upload a sample clip of a single guitar track straight from the AXE FX with this preset, with no dual tracking or EQ'ing so that I can see if my tone matches yours pretty well.

Make sure you have done these things:

1. You've downloaded the .syx file to a location you know.
2. Open Axe-Edit and make sure it is communicating with your Axe-Fx.
3. Click The "Recall" Drop down menu and choose "Import from Preset File"
4. In the window that pops up, choose the .syx file from the folder you downloaded it to.

i do all this thing but it appear an error , the error is........error whilst loading , wrong asset type for current model config!
i have this problem with this files and another files too =(
i hope someone help me
thank you
kind regards

This should help Halo.

Here is the stereo guitar mix with the eq and multiband comp ON.

Here's the left guitar with the EQ and multiband comp OFF.

Here's the left guitar with the EQ and multiband comp ON. In remix will have more lower mids and a little less at 4k.

I also have the stereo drum stems and bass stem on my sound cloud. If you have a DAW you can download them and work with that also.:)

So I see that the end result mix is alot louder. I'm assuming that is coming from some compression thrown on? (I am a mixing newb)

Haha oh yeah! My mastering chain for this track consisted of two plugins that highly recommend, PSP Vintage Warmer 2 into Slate FG-X. The PSP plugin is used to add some color, a very slight highend boost and a little "glue", about a 1dB compression. The FG-X adds a LOT of volume. I mean a LOT, before it starts to breakup.

Sounds good. Is this a low tuned guitar or is it tuned down with the pitch block? haven't loaded in the patch

how do you know?¿?¿? can you explain it?¿? ´cause doesn´t load in my axe edit =S , it´s what i need to have several afination to play and don´t spend too much money =)

Back
Top Bottom