My Mesa Mark IV Patch (FRFR)

shredi knight

Power User
(Yes, I finally got off my lazy, procrastinating a$$ and uploaded the patch to my computer. :p)

Edit - I should have mentioned these were created with the 8.9 firmware.

This is my John Petrucci inspired, Mesa Mark IV patch. Very high gain, liquidy tone. Great for both heavy rhythm & lead playing. I created this patch with an Axe FX Standard going into 2 Dynaudio BM5A active studio monitors. My guitar is a Carvin DC127C, with Dimarzio Tone Zone & Air Norton pickups. This patch was created at low, conversation level volume. It will have to be tweaked if you are playing loud.

The effect blocks in the patch are Wah, Delay, Reverb, & Pitch (intelligent harmonizer - set to E Aeolian, a 3rd & a 5th above....I think :mrgreen: ). All are bypassed except the Delay. I detached the controllers for the Wah and well as a Volume block that's in the patch.

I'm posting 2 versions of the patch. One "normal' version, where everything is panned evenly in the stereo field. The other is how I actually have it on my Axe FX. I have my patches set up in an unusual way and only have the core amp tone coming out of my right monitor, which I sit directly in front of when I play. For some reason, I really don't like the way it sounds with the amp tone in both monitors. It just sounds too spread out and "chorusy". Kind of watered down. Coming out of just one sounds much more natural, organic, and real to me. My effects (like Ping Pong Delay) are all run in parallel and stereo. I have them offset and panned a little more to my left monitor so they sound balanced when I'm sitting in front of my right one. I call this my Wet/Wet-Dry setup. :p This is the way this version of the patch is set up. I felt like I should include it because the tone doesn't really sound right to me with everything panned evenly (besides what I said above, it also sounds a bit brighter, and people complain already about my patches being too bright already - mainly I suspect because my guitar is very dark sounding). So you might want to check it out to hear the amp tone the way it was created, in just 1 monitor.

The cab I'm using in the patch is the Axe FX’s old stock 4x12 V30 (Framus) cab sim that was removed by Cliff after some controversy, as a user cab. I'm including the Cab IR as well (the patch won't sound right without this user cab).

Here's a crude clip of the tone. It's just the audio extracted from a video shot with a digital camera. Not the best sound quality and it sounds way better in person (it sounds a little brighter than it actually is and is missing some low-end), but it gives a decent idea of what the tone is like in the room. I recorded this at low volume. Ignore the aimless crap playing: :roll:

(Right click and save as)

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=20921

Ok, that concludes my War & Peace sized opening post. Have fun. :twisted:

(Edit-The forum let me add the patches and cab IR now as attachments, so no more YouSendIt headaches. :p )

Attachments

• Original 4x12 V30.syx
    7.7 KB · Views: 470
  • \'s Mark IV W-DW.syx
    2 KB · Views: 412
  • \'s Mark IV.syx
    2 KB · Views: 505
Hi Shredi,

Just wanna give you a big thank you, your post explaining the patch helpt me dialed in a superb mesa patch ...
Never was a mesa fan and never had one, so it was for me as a marshall man very hard to dial in a good mesa.

The tone i have now with the mark 4 is really Sick :p thanks man ..

I also gonna try your patch today.

Hi Shreddi,

Thanks a lot for the patch, and all the twaeking help you have provided as well!

Will check it out!

Cheers,

VidarAus

Bump.

I was able to add the files as attachments and get rid of the YouSendIt links (which were expired anyway).

P.S. The feedback about this patch has been deafening so far guys. :mrgreen:

Pardon the ancient bump. I get no sound from this patch at all setup 4CM. What am I missin'?

Edit: Found it, was missing the Cab. :D

Back
Top Bottom