My main patches - clean to mean FRFR

Scott these are all solid patches, I'm going to be using these a lot and reconfigure the way I use my GCpro to use these as my main presets too.
I've not got anywhere near happy with my own tweaked presets.

Hopefully I'll learn a lot from the way you've set yours up, for the song specific presets I need

Mike Snider said:
PosterBoy said:
I've not got anywhere near happy with my own tweaked presets.

I'd agree...
Scott, have you worked with the Boutique 1?

Yes, but I've not done any preset with it yet. I've tried most everything in it and dug a lot of it, but didn't need it for what I am doing so never worked up anything for it.

Why?

I havent been able to dial out some of the low end fizzies with out pulling out too much bass. I know it's user error.
ive raised the LF in advanced, passive tonestack
pulled the drive back to 4.5 or so(leaves my settings without the punch and fullness expected) with a high master vol.
adjusted depth and sag.....but I am just not happy with where I am.
1x12 blackface cab

I suspect my drive/master vol is the problem and will just take more time to get just right. My biggest problem dialing tones in is to move too quickly....

I've had ok sucess with more drive and less master vol....but it breaks up to quick for me when I dig in....I really like the boutique for its mellow clean- I am just stuck on dialing that one in correctly for some reason. what is your suggestion on drive to master vol?

Mike Snider said:
I havent been able to dial out some of the low end fizzies with out pulling out too much bass. I know it's user error.
ive raised the LF in advanced, passive tonestack
pulled the drive back to 4.5 or so(leaves my settings without the punch and fullness expected) with a high master vol.
adjusted depth and sag.....but I am just not happy with where I am.
1x12 blackface cab

I suspect my drive/master vol is the problem and will just take more time to get just right. My biggest problem dialing tones in is to move too quickly....

I've had ok sucess with more drive and less master vol....but it breaks up to quick for me when I dig in....I really like the boutique for its mellow clean- I am just stuck on dialing that one in correctly for some reason. what is your suggestion on drive to master vol?

What frequency of low cut do you have in the Advanced parameters? Start at 120hz and go up from there if needed.

I like to put the master at 9.00 and then the drive at 5.00 to start. Don't be afraid to dial the bass out all the way if needed on the amp (check any of my cleaner presets in the editor to see what I did). You can get a lot of tight bottom with the thump/warmth at 2.99 and then adjust the Depth and Dampening; I like them at 11:00 o'clock and 1:00 o'clock respectively on cleaner tones; but you will need to adjust from there too, that's just a VERY rough starting place. With Depth and Dampening, I've found that as you turn one up, you need to turn the other down.

Sag I drop a lot of, it steals your 'sparkle' IMHO. I have mine set around 1.30 or so on most presets.

Scott Peterson said:
What frequency of low cut do you have in the Advanced parameters? Start at 120hz and go up from there if needed.

I like to put the master at 9.00 and then the drive at 5.00 to start. Don't be afraid to dial the bass out all the way if needed on the amp (check any of my cleaner presets in the editor to see what I did). You can get a lot of tight bottom with the thump/warmth at 2.99 and then adjust the Depth and Dampening; I like them at 11:00 o'clock and 1:00 o'clock respectively on cleaner tones; but you will need to adjust from there too, that's just a VERY rough starting place. With Depth and Dampening, I've found that as you turn one up, you need to turn the other down.

Sag I drop a lot of, it steals your 'sparkle' IMHO. I have mine set around 1.30 or so on most presets.

Ive been up around 160hz on the LF, my strat responds to that well. But perhaps....that is too high and the Dampening is harsh on the low mids...(i've been pushing that a bit)- I'll give it try.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Peace and All Good.

Doh.......

Note to self: check drive parameter on cab sim to make sure the settting isnt on 10!
lol, :oops:
Friends shouldnt let friends tweak at 4 am :twisted:

Now back to playing.

Hey Scott,

I recell reading somewhere that you are very fond of the Cali 4X12 cab with the JCM800....yet when I uploaded your patches, the JCM800 was coupled with JM2000. Was that what you uploaded.....or has the reorganizing of cabs in the firmware played music chairs on us?

MKeditor said:
Hey Scott,

I recell reading somewhere that you are very fond of the Cali 4X12 cab with the JCM800....yet when I uploaded your patches, the JCM800 was coupled with JM2000. Was that what you uploaded.....or has the reorganizing of cabs in the firmware played music chairs on us?

I changed it. I like it with both. With the Cali Cab you need to watch your low end more. I felt the JCM2000 cab had a more "marshall" midrange quality that worked for my taste. No biggie. Try all the cabs. I like the new V30 cab with that preset too (after you adjust the EQ in the amp).

IMHO, YMMV.

Used these today in church at proper volume and they were great, it's the first time i've used the Axe on stage and it felt like I was driving a proper amp.

These presets will be the basis of a lot of presets I create.

Thanks once again for sharing

Scott,

How do you have your controller setup to turn on the chorus/rotary/pan effects you have at the end before the delay and reverb? Do you route them all to the same midi command to turn all 3 on or off at the same time? Just curious because it got me thinking on how I might better optimize how I setup some effects on my own patches since I'm using the somewhat limited Midi Mate. Thanks Scott!

Matt

Matt,

I have each setup to turn on/off via a cc from my All Access. Note I can setup the All Access on the fly to turn any number of effects on/off as a saved state and depending on the song, I might do that on a given night. It's simply a matter of setting everything up, tapping the '2nd' button and then tapping 'save' on the footpedal.

Here's an older pic, I set the effects up differently but it will give you some idea of what I do:

102007AllAccessPhoto.jpg

Note that everything in my presets that are in a time domain are tied to tap tempo.

Scott, you had shared a Soldano preset in the past (I still use it)... did you happen to tweak that one too for 6.02? (hint-hint ;-)

Dpoirier said:
Scott, you had shared a Soldano preset in the past (I still use it)... did you happen to tweak that one too for 6.02? (hint-hint ;-)

I did, but haven't gig tested it yet. I won't share anything I won't use playing out and haven't yet tried that preset out. Once I do, I'll share it.

Thanks Scott,

That definitely answers my question. It's just interesting to see different peoples setups, and how they take advantage of the different myriad of options Cliff has given us :). Thanks for your insight.

Matt

Scott Peterson said:
Matt,

I have each setup to turn on/off via a cc from my All Access. Note I can setup the All Access on the fly to turn any number of effects on/off as a saved state and depending on the song, I might do that on a given night. It's simply a matter of setting everything up, tapping the '2nd' button and then tapping 'save' on the footpedal.

Here's an older pic, I set the effects up differently but it will give you some idea of what I do:

102007AllAccessPhoto.jpg

Note that everything in my presets that are in a time domain are tied to tap tempo.

Used your AC30 patch at church yesterday, Scott, with my superstrat. Love love love it. I did tweak a few things, most notably tossing the FET boost and going with an 808 in the drive block, but the basic amp tone and the majority of the effects tone are unchanged.

Cool man. I should try the 808 myself, that'd probably add a nice middy texture to it, which I like.

The tone I was trying to cop (and always try to cop with AC-30TB amps) is a happy medium between "Round Here" from Counting Crows and "Streetlight Symphony" from Rob Thomas's solo disc.

Have fun and make it yours.

Back
Top Bottom