My main patches - clean to mean FRFR

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
I just uploaded all five of my main FRFR gigging patches updated for 6.02 on the Standard.

If you want to check out my sounds, they are up there for the sharing. Note I use a H/S/S loaded guitar and use single coils almost exclusively for clean tones; and I vary up the volume pot and pickups for mid-gain and higher gain stuff depending on the song.

I put my Fender Twin, Deluxe, Vox AC-30TB, JCM800 and BognerXtasy up. Those are what I use week-in/week-out.

All are using standard Fractal cabs. Just drop them in and have fun.

Peace.

Scott's Blackface
http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=543

Scott's Deluxe
http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=541

Scott's AC-30TB
http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=542

Scott's JCM800
http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=539

Scott's Bogner Xtasy
http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=540

Scott, thank you soooooo much!

I have been using your Deluxe, JCM800 and Soldano patches since, hmmm, probably since v3.x or something. I knew you had updated them several times (and I even pleaded with you a few times for your updates). This is more than I was hoping for. Thanks, man.

For those of you who have never used Scott's patches, he has found a way to tweak for FRFR that I have not been able to achieve myself. There are scores of good patches out there, but Scott's patches have subtlety, and a "natural" feel to them. They just ring like the truth.

Daniel
(p.s. off to download Scott's patches...)

WOW...Scott, I love those patches. You have really nailed the tones. I cant thank you enough for posting these, I'm learning alot by going thru them.
Back to playing...thanks again.

are all these patches setup for mono?

thanks for sharing Scott, I can't wait to try some of these out later!

Thanks guys. They are just what I use, there's no magic in there.

They are setup for mono. That's how I roll. :D

I just step on one of the OD's for boost. Usually the FET Boost.

Great patches! Thanks much for sharing.

It's your Bogner patch's fault that I am totally sleepy at work today!

Scott Peterson said:
Thanks guys. They are just what I use, there's no magic in there.

They are setup for mono. That's how I roll. :D

I just step on one of the OD's for boost. Usually the FET Boost.

no magic...but going thru these has helped me rediscover an amp or two. Schweeeet.

...thanks Scott, btw, I am playing a Halloween gig tonight...I'll use your presets and wear a bald head wig? :lol: and go as "Scott Peterson the Guitarist" (in keeping with Joe The Pumber and Tito the Builder) :lol:

John Alexander said:
...thanks Scott, btw, I am playing a Halloween gig tonight...I'll use your presets and wear a bald head wig? :lol: and go as "Scott Peterson the Guitarist" (in keeping with Joe The Pumber and Tito the Builder) :lol:

Watch out if you do... chicks like to rub the bald head. It's a fact. (No, I am not kidding!) :D

Scott Peterson said:
[quote="John Alexander":2lil9lpw]...thanks Scott, btw, I am playing a Halloween gig tonight...I'll use your presets and wear a bald head wig? :lol: and go as "Scott Peterson the Guitarist" (in keeping with Joe The Pumber and Tito the Builder) :lol:

Watch out if you do... chicks like to rub the bald head. It's a fact. (No, I am not kidding!) :D[/quote:2lil9lpw]

...I have a question about your presets...I run mono with the hi-res mono cab block too and normally just set the input select to left only in the I/O menu and in the amp block...in your amp blocks, you usually have the "input select" set to left too (except for the JCM800 and the Blackface which is SUM L+R), but at the end of your chains, the signal is split with your delay and reverb in parallel...could you explain to me why this works when you are running mono/left from the output?

...sorry, if the answer is obvious...I don't understand a lot of things! :p

Both the delay and reverb are panned center too. So they aren't split to separate channls (L/R) they are simply not mixed together. Just routing, not creating stereo image.

Scott Peterson said:
Both the delay and reverb are panned center too. So they aren't split to separate channls (L/R) they are simply not mixed together. Just routing, not creating stereo image.

...duh! I didn't even think about that!
...thanks again...if it wasn't for your enthusiasm of over a year ago, I'd still be stuck in tube amp land! :mrgreen:

Scott,

Always loved your JCM800 preset since 4-5 different versions ago. This one really smokes.

Do you do any global eq going into the QSCs or not?

When I play this through my home setup it is fantastic 'as is'.

I go into a Mackie PA live and it tends to be a bit bright. Usually cut globally at 4 and 8 khz. Was planning on the QSC route for an on stage monitor especially if it gets rid of that tizzyness.

I do not use any Global EQ at all unless the room is really dead or hot.

I do not use the low-pass switch on the QSC. I use it standing up and on it's side. Doesn't matter to me.

Back
Top Bottom