My Hermansson Rectifier Preset

Voron

Hello my friends!
I've tried to recreate a Hermansson Single Rectifier sound from this video:

Right from 0:36 where he switch to a bridge pup :)
I understand that it's not possible to make exactly the same sound and recreate this incredible dynamic diapason but I've tried my best.
I will be appreciated to any suggestions and mods from you!
For the reference point I used my PRS Custom 24 with Bare Knuckle The Mule set.

Attachments

• Hermansson Single Rectifier.fasBundle
    18.3 KB · Views: 104
I have 4 Tube Heads left, I thinned the herd since I have had the FX3. One of them is a Single Solo 50 that is amazing, and have not been able to dial in that tone on the FX3. This is an amazing preset at it's simplest, and represents the amp well. I appreciate this contribution, and will tweak it to my taste, aaaaaaaaaaand then sell the head.

Kaya wishes to keep it, it's her fave.

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
I have 4 Tube Heads left, I thinned the herd since I have had the FX3. One of them is a Single Solo 50 that is amazing, and have not been able to dial in that tone on the FX3. This is an amazing preset at it's simplest, and represents the amp well. I appreciate this contribution, and will tweak it to my taste, aaaaaaaaaaand then sell the head.

Kaya wishes to keep it, it's her fave.
Cute cat.......she looks like she's a Chiefs fan......biggrin.gif

Thanks guys ! If you have any suggestions I’ll be very pleased to hear. I use my own impulse of my Mesa Boogie 2x12 cab here with some unusual mikes. It’s my main IR for nearly all my presets. But maybe you can have better results with some stock or other IR’s. Let me know if it works for you or if it works better with other IR’s !!!!

I like the IR you have here, works for the sound. I use almost identical M-Comp settings,ala Andy Sneap, good stuff. I like an Esoteric RCB on my Single Rec, and enjoy the same on this preset.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 7.31.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 7.31.07 PM.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 58
I like the IR you have here, works for the sound. I use almost identical M-Comp settings,ala Andy Sneap, good stuff. I like an Esoteric RCB on my Single Rec, and enjoy the same on this preset.
Thanks for this idea! I'll try it too.

Initially I searched to recreate two things that I think we can approach in Fractal world without dedicated model:
  • the 4th gain stage that Henric Hermansson does in his mode
  • tight knob that he puts before the first gain stage

For the first gain stage I've tried to use several tube drives but didn't arrive to a concluding results so I use Boos OD1 emulation.
For the tight knob I used several parameters from Input EQ page and after that I made final adjustments in all other pages lol :)

At this moment I can't get the dynamic diapason that Hermansson modded Recto has. But honestly I think this is not possible without a dedicated model from Cliff :(

And I can"t get exact same transients from strings attack. Maybe I need to add Horizon devices emulation in separate Drive block. But the first attempt was not successful and I left this for a moment.
I'd love to get the most close results within Amp Block only. I think additional Drives and EQs doesn't do a job really well, it's kind a way all profilers go and I don't like it.

Will be appreciated to any input and ideas from you guys!!!!

Man,that's a lot of air being moved, I perceive this as being 100+ dB, the camera is turned into jello during the palm mutes. Fletcher Munson curve plays a big toll in this sound ultimately.

Cab:
The preset you have here is pretty low CPU, there's room for more classy adjustments, such as Cab Preamp mode adjusted to High Quality.
Preamp type may have an effect on what you're after.
From there I'd try a Room/Air adjustment for a bit of the amp in the room feel. Keep that adjustment low, a bit goes a long ways.

Amp:
Input trim plays a big part of how hard,(saturation), the amp will be hit by the pickups in your guitar. I have S.D. RTM, (JB) adjusted pickup in my guitar that I am trying this preset out on, and I always land on .763-.765 area. Honestly, this is my secret sauce for finding my guitar output to translated tone that I hear in other presets that I have tried and didn't hear the same results as the OP would have it. Meaning, I use this parameter to adjust the hit of the guitar to the amp, useful to adjust different guitars and make the tone similar between guitars with different output.

Can't wait to hear the next preset you post

Man,that's a lot of air being moved, I perceive this as being 100+ dB, the camera is turned into jello during the palm mutes. Fletcher Munson curve plays a big toll in this sound ultimately.

Cab:
The preset you have here is pretty low CPU, there's room for more classy adjustments, such as Cab Preamp mode adjusted to High Quality.
Preamp type may have an effect on what you're after.
From there I'd try a Room/Air adjustment for a bit of the amp in the room feel. Keep that adjustment low, a bit goes a long ways.

Amp:
Input trim plays a big part of how hard,(saturation), the amp will be hit by the pickups in your guitar. I have S.D. RTM, (JB) adjusted pickup in my guitar that I am trying this preset out on, and I always land on .763-.765 area. Honestly, this is my secret sauce for finding my guitar output to translated tone that I hear in other presets that I have tried and didn't hear the same results as the OP would have it. Meaning, I use this parameter to adjust the hit of the guitar to the amp, useful to adjust different guitars and make the tone similar between guitars with different output.

Can't wait to hear the next preset you post
Thanks a lot for your feedback man! I will definitely improve this preset, I've spent about 2 hours on it and was pretty saturated with sound comparaison :) So I'll be back after a little rest ;) Need to clear my ears LOL! :)))
For in the room feel I personally prefer using a Reverb block in the end of my chain, but I agreed with you I need to test it in Cab Block cause it react another way! I will use the preamp part of Cab Block but in the end when I will finished with other settings just to "polish" the sound. For the moment I wanted to approach a max to initial sound!

I considered sending a Mesa to him to get modded, but it ends up being sooo expensive. They sound amazing though.

I considered sending a Mesa to him to get modded, but it ends up being sooo expensive. They sound amazing though.
I understand you very well man! I'd love to mod my TC-50 by him, and even thinking to buy a Rectifier and have his mod!

I noticed that the output EQ in the amp block is set to a V shape, but the EQ isn't turned on by default. Should it be on?

Are you guys sure it's simply switching a pup?
I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with much lower volume setting for the neck pickup. The volume difference between neck setting and bridge setting is so big that the amp goes WAAAGH the second he switches to bridge.
In the very end of the video he makes the volume for the bridge very low and it sound absolutely nothing like the neck pickup. So it should be neck volume setting on the guitar plus tone control low to remove piercing highs.
WDYT?

Are you guys sure it's simply switching a pup?
I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with much lower volume setting for the neck pickup. The volume difference between neck setting and bridge setting is so big that the amp goes WAAAGH the second he switches to bridge.
In the very end of the video he makes the volume for the bridge very low and it sound absolutely nothing like the neck pickup. So it should be neck volume setting on the guitar plus tone control low to remove piercing highs.
WDYT?
Of cause it make volume adjustment on Neck Pup and there is a huge volume jump when he switch from Bridge to Neck pup. But I can't get the same clean tone even with minimum volume on Neck pup because of an OD1 emulation I use in preamp. And it's mandatory to get the 4th gain stage from Henric mod. I've tried different tube ODs but they wasn't convenient enough. OD1 in preamp does some saturation event with minimal signal coming from guitar. In Henric mode there is 4th tube used to get additional gain stage and it's more dynamic that give this clean tone when volume rolled down on Neck pup.

And yes he use also the clean channel that doesn't have a Tight knob only 4th gain stage and some EG pots changes.
But I tried to emulate only the Lead channel in my preset.

For the moment I think how to get snappier attack like in his mode without making overall sound much thinner ?!

Back
Top Bottom