My Go-To Super-cab.

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I mixed this cab recipe inside the Axe-Fx using the 'Tone Match' block before the days of Cab-Lab. It's made up of 2 Factory 'Standard Res' IRs. The 'SLM M75 (OH)' (no longer in the Axe-Fx) and the 'SLM H75 (OH)'. And 1 'Ultra-Res' IR the 'OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern' which is included in the firmware downloads.

Each one alone is ok, but mixed together they compliment each other in a really cool way. It just works for me with almost every amp? Every time I audition a bunch of IRs, I always come back to this one.

Try it out and see what you think?

Attachments

• Moke's Factory+Free mix.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 294
thanks will try, was one of those the original 'mark day' cab, he always used, I still love that and use it!

@Moke , when does this cab work best for you ? Do you use it live , and if so , does it cut thru the mix ?
Yes I use it live. Its the same cab that is used in my 'JCM-800' preset (and many more), but with a different name. This thread was posted about six months before I started my store, and I renamed that IR (as well as some other) to identify them better.

I usually 'High Cut' it at 6,000 to 10,000 Hz, and 'Low Cut' it at around 100 to 150 Hz (both depending on the Amp and settings) And I sometimes add some 'Proximity' effect, maybe a value of 1 or 2 for some 'thump'. All in the Cab block of course.

Man , @Moke , my go-to cab has always been factory 103. This is WAY different. A lot more highs , and a lot less mids. Thats why I asked about using it live. ?

Man , @Moke , my go-to cab has always been factory 103. This is WAY different. A lot more highs , and a lot less mids. Thats why I asked about using it live. ?
Yeah, it may require setting up the amp's a bit different? I like the factory cab #103 also. When I use it, I usually use the 57 mic Sim (in the Axe Fx) to brighten it up. Plus, my Ernie Ball Music Man, and EVH guitars have darker pickups than most? So, a guitar with brighter pickups would need less "Treble" and/or "Presence"?

I also sometimes use this cab along with factory 103 in a stereo cab block, with both panned to center. Play with the levels of each To get the mix that works best for you.

During a recent jam session with live amps and an acoustic drum kit , my 103 cab with my FRFR , didn't cut thru very well. I'll have to give yours a shot.

Back
Top Bottom