My gig at the House of Blues with my Fractal gear

Incredibly tight performances. It really felt like a bootleg performance from the RR era with the tasteful wah and squeals at the appropriate places with a crushing rhythm section pounding away. The vocalist was spot on with the phrasing and even the mannerisms.

Really, bravo!!!
Wow, thanks for the kind words. Means a lot. Really value the input and opinions of everyone on here.

Were you in the front monitor mix or in ears? No FRFR? Just your Matrix and 5150III cab?
I was in my front monitor pretty loud. I thought about bringing my Friedman ASM-12 or my XiTone but the soundguys there will give you whatever you want in your monitor mix so I had them crank me up in mine.
I think we need a preset from this!
if you want it I can post it. Not sure how well it will translate over from my guitars and stuff but I can if you guys want it. It's for the XL and AX8.

I was in my front monitor pretty loud. I thought about bringing my Friedman ASM-12 or my XiTone but the soundguys there will give you whatever you want in your monitor mix so I had them crank me up in mine.

if you want it I can post it. Not sure how well it will translate over from my guitars and stuff but I can if you guys want it. It's for the XL and AX8.

Yeah why not....... go ahead & post the preset. Do you have different per song presets?

I have the Friedman's so it might transfer alright. I have Seymour Duncan JB's in my guitars. If you have time and don't mind, I would love to try your preset. Thanks!

I have the Friedman's so it might transfer alright. I have Seymour Duncan JB's in my guitars. If you have time and don't mind, I would love to try your preset. Thanks!
I'm using EMG's but you are more than welcome to try it. Do you want an XL preset or a AX8?

Huge Randy Rhoads fan here, that sounded great! I would love the preset if you don't mind. I have the XL+. Thanks!

Nice job! I picked up an ax8 a couple weeks ago mostly due to a hob show in las vegas (amazing how it looks EXACTLY the same) opening for steel panther and their guitar player was using an atomic amplifier with no amp or cab, straight off of his board (like you said HOB has some sweet ass stage monitors) and that convinced me that modeling had finally gotten hard rock and higher gain tones down. I would also like your preset. Cheers and nice playing!

I have about 8 presets I use for our entire set list. I have certain ones I use for the Sabbath stuff, Randy stuff, Jake stuff and Zakk stuff. I use the same amp/cab block for everything. I in no way try to mimic their tones just certain FX like the flanger in Bark at the Moon for instance. The tone is basically my EVH 5153 Stealth that I've been gigging with the last few years. The amp block EQ is set exactly like my EQ on the amp at gig volume. Basically everything around noon. I roll off most of the high end starting at 8k and above in the Global EQ of Out 1. The FX loop block is feeding signal to my Matrix power amp and EVH Stealth cab and on the Out 2 Global EQ I'm adding a good bit of low end to add some thump to the cabinet for my own preference on stage. I use EMG 85's in my guitars bridge position which is a pretty hot output. This preset is what I used in the video and use it mainly for the Randy stuff. I Don't Know, Crowley, Crazy Train, Flying High Again. I'm boosting with a BB Pre drive block on all the rhythm and lead scenes. Scene 1 is rhythm with detune. It's basically the 90's EVH +9/-9 modulation effect and is on in all the scenes. Scene 2 is a lead with detune and just a little verb and is the lead I used in the video. There is a filter block with a +3db boost and 5 band GEQ block for a slight mid boost. I have them in different blocks so my boost can be turned on for fills or song intro's and not have a mid boost as well. Scene 3 is a clean sound with detune and ducking delay, Scene 4 is a lead with detune, ducking delay and Scene 5 the same as Scene 4 but with a higher delay level.

Attachments

• XL OZZ live preset.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 67
  • AX8 OZZ live preset.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

I just got mine and haven't even tried it yet but from what I hear about the Friedman the preset might be to bass heavy for it. I'm curious to find out.

I
I just got mine and haven't even tried it yet but from what I hear about the Friedman the preset might be to bass heavy for it. I'm curious to find out.
I'll try your preset tomorrow. I'm away from my gear tonight. Can't wait! I'll let you know how it does on mine. Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom