My First Vid !! - Axe, SS PA and Cab.

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
this is a vid Clip I did for Guitarists Forum. Its just a PRS, Axe Standard, Art SLA-1 and a VHT 2x12 Cab.

Backing track through my computer Speakers, recorded on a Samsung Digi Camera just placed on my computer desk.

amp model is a Fryer D60M - spash of reverb and a little delay. thats it.

I tried to show how it cleaned up, so just used guitars vol and PU selections (didnt even touch the tone) to try and wet some appitites!! Ill do a better one showing more of the units capability, (or if anyone wants some tweeks to this model, or a clip with a specific model) for Guitarists site - BUt thought Id post it here for feedback on tone etc (too much not enough bass/top/mid etc)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 8583946745

When you get to the page that he directs you to, click on the image to start the video.

Great clip! Nice playing & very good tone. Tell us about your patch. How did you set it up?

Pretty stock to start with.

I have 2 gain settings and use an IA between the 2. This is the lower gain for this patch - so gain only around 36.

I always add a touch of warmth and a fair bit of thump with higher gain tones - though this is to compensate for the 2x12 enclosure rather than because I like bass.

I also generally add some sag when Im playing a bluesy style too - as in this case.

Reverb is just a touch of room, and the delay is a touch of 500ms mono delay.

I just tend to use my ears though. Im used to VHT tone having had a 50ST for the last 7 years - so found the voice of the D60 very easily.

I like 5 "amps" to switch between (Im too lazy to change banks !!) but am now struggling as to which to use.

I DI have (pre 7.0) a Blackface clean, a Trainwreck Blues, A Plexi 2 crunch, an SLO higher gain and a Das Metal , well metal.

I now have the Dr Z for clean and teh D60 for high gain. I also like the Mk 11c but cant make up my mind if I want to replace the Wreck or Plexi. I also have a JCM 800 patch, a High Watt patch and a Uber patch I use when I can be arsed to change banks.

Back
Top Bottom