My first TM experiment-Brian May content

oacikgoz

Inspired
Here is my first experiment with the new tone-matching feature.

We are the Champions by oacikgoz on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I must admit I still find tone-matching feature incomplete. Perhaps I was expecting too much, given that it's Fractal Audio we're talking about. I thought it would match the response of an amp and cap entirely. This does not seem to be the case. Unless you choose the very same amp or a very similar amp, the results are radically different from the reference tone.

I'm happy with the outcome of this recording, however, I still don't see how I wouldn't be able to achieve the same thing with an EQ pedal in the pre-amp of post-amp position. I'm a complete noob when it comes to EQ'ing a tone, perhaps tone-matching is good for lazy people like me.

For this recording, I used a 3-single-coil strat at the 2nd position (bridge+mid). For amp, I used a non-TB AC30 and a treble boost in front. I turned on the treble boost while profiling my guitar. (TM just doesn't work well without it.)

Unfortunately, I have serious problems saving any patch with tone matching block, therefore I cannot share the patch with you. I lost it forever :)

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom