My first strat

He’s actually a really good player when he cuts loose. I honestly think he holds back when demoing gear.
Agreed. He's an excellent player on both acoustic and electric. It's been awhile since I heard his story, but I believe he may have been classically trained. Almost certain he was formally schooled on guitar in some form.

Leave aside that Fender, Sire, PRS debate for a moment and try a Schecter Nick Johnston Traditional :)

Or one of these Italian models that Marco Fanton is sponsoring (e.g.: Route 66)

I am definitely interested, and have had my eye on the NJ Sig models.... but then I remember I have an hard
time loving Strats long-term. :)

@fcs101 you never read the whole EVH thread, did you?

+1 on fender player. Was my main and backup for my last year and a bit of DIY touring around North America. Buy one, get your preferred strings and action and play 30 shows in 31 days with it.

I got a Fender Player HSS with FR this year. Really nice but pretty heavy. I'm actually changing out the pups right now, SD Hybrid/59 for bridge and two SD SSL-3 for mid/neck.

@fcs101 you never read the whole EVH thread, did you?

+1 on fender player. Was my main and backup for my last year and a bit of DIY touring around North America. Buy one, get your preferred strings and action and play 30 shows in 31 days with it.
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Namely that maybe Sire is simply worth checking out?

Sorry, another request for @Andy Eagle : Do you have experience with the modern day Made In Japan Fender Stratocasters, especially the HSS Floyd Rose models? How do they compare to MIM or MIA models quality-wise? Thanks in advance!

Doesn't mean a thing. Anyone can come on here and claim to be anything.

Edit: You're missing the point regardless. This is not about him. This is about whether one might at least consider a Sire. Please reference the OP since we are way off the rails.
I already said i toured a player strat and would recommend it.

My MIJ Fender bass is a better build quality than a MIM Charvel I had. Not saying the Charvel was bad, it was a pretty well put together guitar. The fretwork on the MIJ bass was a step up. I haven’t opened the control cavity yet on the bass to see how the soldering is, so I can’t comment on that.

That said my Strat is a discontinued Select Series US built model.

The reason I suggest the Fender is the core components are a huge step up from the Sire.
Do u think Squier / Epiphone ... benefit at all from being a sub brand of Fender / Gibson in terms of core components quality? Wrt the Squier tele I got last fall: in hind sight I guess I would've been better to spend 2x on Fender but the wait time was 8 months for a lefty and, in addition to my research, I thought the Fender Quality would have some trickle down to Squier. I'd like to have a 335ish guitar, but no way I can afford a real one - An Epiphone 335 Inspired for $700 is so tempting given how close in style, and the idea, perhaps flawed, that, if it's ok based on my research, I could further reassure myself that Gibson are driven to maintain quality levels within their sub brands more than other budget brands might do who are not associated to the big names.

Sorry drnat - I'm commenting a bit away from strats, but still could be rellated.

Thread cleaned up.

It's a guitar. If you don't like what someone has to say about it, use the ignore function. If I have to get between two bickering people again suspensions will follow.

Have you played or spent time with a Schecter Nick Johnson Strat,
the imported Made in Indonesia version @Andy Eagle ?
Solid guitar but not better than the MIM strat. No particular issues but equally "just another import strat copy" Thick plastic finish and the wood is typically generic with copy high speck OEM Asian everything. More product than instrument like the Sire.

Solid guitar but not better than the MIM strat. No particular issues but equally "just another import strat copy" Thick plastic finish and the wood is typically generic with copy high speck OEM Asian everything. More product than instrument like the Sire.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I take it you like the MIM Charvels, too?

Just to update this thread.
I initially bought a Fender player strat…..mainly to have a Fender! It was OK, but didn’t get on with the neck. Had it set up etc. Ended up returning it & bought a Sire S7 HSS - love it. Sounds great and the neck is amazing….love playing it & the name on the headstock isn’t that big of a deal for me….cheaper & better (IMHO) than the player….what’s not to like
I’ve also started to update my no-name strat that I was given years ago - new tuners, electronics. Next is the bridge. I’d previously changed the pickups - this will be my more classic sss strat!

Back
Top Bottom