My first "proper" recording using the AXE-FXII...

Microdomus

Inspired
... well, as proper as it can be at the moment. Getting more and more into mixing these days, just got to get the needed software and knowledge to go with it. The art is in the mixin`!

As I`m currently re-discovering my love for Faith No More, I decided to record using my fave tones by jammin`on some tunes of theirs. Ended up with this little instrumental medley, thought I`d share it. I used the AXE-FXII for all the guitars, including the acoustic part in the end. For the bass I used the Line6 Bass Pod Pro, Toontrack`s Superior Drummer 2.0 for the drums and Steinberg`s HALion Sonic for keys n` strings.

Cheers!

Thanx again folks, encouraging to hear I might be on to something! :encouragement:

Some Metallica influence there???

Sure, there is a lil`Het in there somewhere. Don`t know how familiar you are with the original FNM versions, but "Surprise! You`re Dead!" and "Zombie Eaters" are quite Thrash Metal-ish. Play those riffs with a decent tone nowadays, sure sounds a lot darker n`heavier! ;)

Faith No More was a cheese band. Sucky guitar tone. Yours smokes it. Your mix sounds real good, all round. Guitar in the front where I like it, but the bass is totally apparent.

I re-recorded the guitars at the right side, remixed the whole track and a gave it a quick "mastering" job. Have a listen! :)

Back
Top Bottom