My First Axe-Fx Weekend! Can't believe it's finally happening! (formerly 'Ordered today...')

1 Axe-FX III (Mk II Turbo), 1 FC-12 and 2 EV-1s. :)

Picked up my guitar again ~2 years ago after a looooong "pause" (no, I gave up! :() Been using Amplitube 5 since then and am continually perplexed at the developments I missed, particularly the stuff I dreamed of 15 years ago that is suddenly both feasible and mature.

Then the saving-up and wishing-for and fawning-over and forum-lurking...

Should arrive friday or maybe monday, if all goes well... I can't believe it's actually happening now and my hands are shaking!

Well, off to work, were today I will no doubt be the most concentrated, effective and focussed worker they got... ;)

Last edited:
Nice. I was using an assortment of "the other guys" for years and when i switched to axe about 4 years ago, there is no more looking. Its just, have i updated my firmware and is there an axe 4 to order yet.

Best news too is axe hardware resells really well and sometimes for almost list price if the shop is out of stock. so sometimes you can get a 100% return back later if you upgrade anything like when i went from axe 3 to axe 3 mark 2 turbo.

Welcome Herman!

Welcome Herman!
Pauly

Picked up my guitar again ~2 years ago after a looooong "pause" (no, I gave up! :() Been using Amplitube 5 since then and am continually perplexed at the developments I missed, particularly the stuff I dreamed of 15 years ago that is suddenly both feasible and mature.

Should arrive friday or maybe monday, if all goes well... I can't believe it's actually happening now and my hands are shaking!

Well, off to work, were today I will no doubt be the most concentrated, effective and focussed worker they got... ;)

Deffo, there's always something to be said for "learning by doing" and autodidact...icity? ism? But some things are just too complex to fully unlock without documentation. :)

Oh, and remember kids: Every day's secret word is "GAIN"!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the disease!

Congrats! “You have chosen… wisely.”

Make sure to get familiar with the manual so you don’t get jumped by the RTFM Mob.

J/k, there’s a wealth of information here on this forum, on Leon Todd’s YouTube channel, Cooper Carter’s Course and G66 videos, among others.

Thanks for all your well wishes and welcomings and such. The last couple months of forum lurking, reading about Fractal's history and vision, watching many a video (esp. Leon's) and watching Cliff release FW after FW - bang after bang after bang and so on...

I just could not wait to become part of this. :)

Back
Top Bottom