My first AXE-FX Clip - Check it out!

itsallinmyh3ad

Hey folks. I just wanted to share this here, to see what you guys thought. New Fractal user. Just got the standard a week ago (also have a Ultra incoming). I started to mess today with the patches and decided to record something. I used a 5150 on the left channel and a rectifier on the right channel. Both running through a OD808 and 4x12 w/v30's. Let me know what you think. This was all mixed with a pair of Skullcandy in-ear headphones (POS, I know...All I have at the moment). Suggestions and tips are welcome. Thanks!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21699777/AXEFXTEST1.mp3

Haha when you mentioned skullcandy I was prepared for anything! Sounds pretty thick actually! The drum mix is very basic, but the guitar sound seems to hold some promise. Very early entombed? I've been chasing that tone myself, getting the axe fx to sound sludgy and dirty. IMO it's been dead easy getting those clean sneapish tones (well, not EXACTLY - that requires a lot of work :p but it gets in the ballpark pretty fast!). But for those exhumed(anatomy is destiny) & entombed(morning star) tones, it's a different scene! Probably has a lot to do with the pickups i guess!

Back
Top Bottom