My first attempt at using X-Y... Cool trick I think!!!

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
So I finally used the X-Y feature for the first time. I used it on the wah block. I always had two ways back before my Ultra changed my life (and now my II). One set for a low fat wah. Low enough to grab on to my low B string. The other was set for a high 'shafty' 'wacka wacka' sound. I use the LFP with 4 modded crybaby pedals. One has a momentary switch that was originally intended to bypass/engage the wah. So last night I setup the wah with the switch so that the switch toggles the wahs X-Y feature. Pretty cool I think. Obviously the wah is now set for auto engage.

In case anyone asks my LFP has 4 ports. 3 are connected to the pot in the crybabys and 1 is connected to the switch. Lastly I use the Axe II's pedal jack to connect my 4th crybaby to. My LFP is phantom powered via 7-pin cable. I have only 2 cords (cable tied together) going from my pedal board to my rack. No more power cable and guitar cables back and forth. Very clean setup now. I still have to learn to setup my LFP to toggle X-Y for other blocks using layered commands.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Are you using the AXE with MIDI THRU ON & then the phantom power from the AXE II to the LF PRO? I tried that with my Ultra & had some communication problems. Is it working now? Thanks,

MIDI thru in the LFP? I don't know. I'll have to check. I still need to update from 2.18 to 2.19. Improved Axe II capabilities!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Back
Top Bottom