My Experiances updating to 6.0 firmware

mcgyver

Inspired
Hi all, my observations on how the 6.0 firmware update worked for me.
First, I backed up my custom presets both to axe edit and to a folder on my desktop as individual presets. Then I updated my AXE edit, then my firmware, then loaded the new 6.0 A,B and C banks in and finally I reset my unit. After all this was successful I loaded my presets back in one by one. My preset for the most part sounded the same. As expected. Then I went into the amp block of each of my custom presets and switch to the next amp block and back again. So now this should load the new parameters of the version 6 amp blocks???
This has had a negative affect on a lot of my presets. First the “plexi normal”
My custom preset from firmware 5.0.7 had a big open sound, lots of punch and big mid-range sound to it. Right after I switch my amp block off the saved preset and back again.
It is like a blanket was thrown over my speakers. A big drop in volume, mid-range drop and overall clarity and punch was lost. I did scroll through my plexi normal parameters to make a mental note of where the basic controls were to see if any of these had moved drastically when I switched the amp block away then back again,they did not. Now I know some tweaking is going to involved when we update. But it seems like nothing has really moved in the parameter settings. So what do I tweak to get my sound back ? And more importantly what happen to the “Amp block” that it is so drastically different ? And not in a a good way. This is just one example. I have had the same unfavorable sound changes on a lot of my presets. The amp block “euro red” has seem had similar issue in my presets. I know everyone says it requires some adjusting but this is crazy. I can’t even see what has changed parameter wise to make the adjustments. I have like 50 custom presets. Haven’t really went through all of them. But I did check about 8 of them and they all seem to sound very dull and lifeless once I engage the 6.0 amp block versions. The CAE 3+ Lead seems more “fizzy and less punch then the 5.0.7 version. I am going to do a bit more checking to see exactly which of my other “amp blocks” this is affecting. Anyone else experiencing this ????

I had the same problem. My fix was the "definition" parameter on the advanced tab of the amp model. It's new and was set to -10 for some reason (I guess because it defaulted here). I turned it to 0 and the blanket was lifted!! Tweeked a few other things, and tone is great!

Back
Top Bottom