my current tone roster

my first try at sharing a patch---

i managed to create a .syx file from my first clean tone on the vid, and i didn't erase my preset from the axe--yay--then i uploaded it to my mobile me account and i believe the link is
not working!!

dunno what i'm doing!

it only showed up as a 1k file on my mobileme share page, when originally it was a 4k file on my desktop?
and then when i tried to download it myself back to my desktop it was 7 bites?

wha....?

Hmm, strange. In the meantime, can you post your Uni-vibe settings? ;-)

i'll post the patch if someone can tell me how?!

i've got a OSX 10.6.2
2.26 Ghz intel core 2 duo
2 g ram
running sysex librarian, and i got as far as to pull my clean patch .syx file off the ultra thanks to Joker! I think I'm doing it right..the name shows up in the file list in the librarian, but maybe i'm copying it off my ultra wrong, or, to from the librarian to the desktop, wrong?

any reason why you are not using Axe-edit?

http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-axe-edit.html

Pretty easy to use -- much easier than using a sysex librarian

mentoneman said:
i'll post the patch if someone can tell me how?!

i've got a OSX 10.6.2
2.26 Ghz intel core 2 duo
2 g ram
running sysex librarian, and i got as far as to pull my clean patch .syx file off the ultra thanks to Joker! I think I'm doing it right..the name shows up in the file list in the librarian, but maybe i'm copying it off my ultra wrong, or, to from the librarian to the desktop, wrong?

Your Lanois patch is the most impressive patch I have heard to date. Would be awesome if you cared to share or just point us in the right direction with a description of the amp- chain etc.

Brilliant!

quint said:
Your Lanois patch is the most impressive patch I have heard to date. Would be awesome if you cared to share or just point us in the right direction with a description of the amp- chain etc.

Brilliant!

i adjusted one thing since the video...i added a volume swell on the input of that preset, so if you want it cool, if not bypass it.

i think it's on the exchange..."long-delay" preset.

Darn it!

I followed the axe edit instructions on how to upload presets and my preset titles showed up when I loaded them to the exchange on Bank I but maybe I missed something in order to make them stick to the exchange site.

Oh well back to the old drawing board!

I'm not sure what went wrong... but I'm gonna post a picture manual of the SysEx method.

Here's step 1, choosing your soundcard / midi device:
vxitm0.jpg

Step 2 is to set your Axe FX to the preset you want to transfer to your computer.

Step 3 is about recording this preset to your computer:
http://i44.tinypic.com/awxo95.jpg

And step 4:
http://i41.tinypic.com/s2w2v8.jpg

If you see the preset in the SysEx window it's already done, you have it on your computer. You can just grab the file and move it to your desired location or alternatively you can click on the preset in the SysEx window and then click the "show file" button to see the current location of this file.

Then you can post the file everywhere you want, you can treat it as a normal file, upload it etc.

With Axe Edit you have to choose the location where the desired preset is saved on your ultra, let's say Bank A 44. Then the program starts to load the preset from the chosen spot. Once it has been loaded you just have to save it by clicking on "save as". Then you can choose where you want to save it and that's basically it.

If I can be of further help just ask...

any updates on this! I love these tones, I think its just incredible work!!! I'll wash your car, do your taxes, babysit for you!!! Common man!

has there been any more progress with being able to upload patches to the exchange?
the latest axe-edit version looks the same as when i last tried unsuccessfully.

Hi mentoneman, I really love your vid & sounds, specially Eric Johnson tune, I wonder if it's a factory preset or not...
btw I've found your presets on axe-change .... wich one is it (fender clean patch circa 30'') ??

Deeply yours.

BlackMojo said:
Hi mentoneman, I really love your vid & sounds, specially Eric Johnson tune, I wonder if it's a factory preset or not...
btw I've found your presets on axe-change .... wich one is it (fender clean patch circa 30'') ??

Deeply yours.

well i'll be...

so i did do something right!

but it looks like i may have copied the list of presets i uploaded twice :oops:

the one i was using for the ej thing was the dreamtwin preset.

BlackMojo said:

Deeply yours.

if what i did was correct, the name of the patch was dreamtwin--and it would be found on bank J on the axe exchange--

i have no idea what fender clean patch circa 30" is or means? did it show up as a preset i loaded? if so i didn't mean to and it's probably a factory preset i sent inadvertantly..i only intended to send 6 or 7 presets--and i may have sent those twice---sorry about that--

one of the other axe users mentioned that he found and downloaded my presets, and it caused clipping in his unit, and that dreamtwin preset does light up my clip LEDS intermittently, but i don't hear any distortion on my unit.

mentoneman said:
BlackMojo said:

Deeply yours.

if what i did was correct, the name of the patch was dreamtwin--and it would be found on bank J on the axe exchange--

i have no idea what fender clean patch circa 30" is or means? did it show up as a preset i loaded? if so i didn't mean to and it's probably a factory preset i sent inadvertantly..i only intended to send 6 or 7 presets--and i may have sent those twice---sorry about that--

one of the other axe users mentioned that he found and downloaded my presets, and it caused clipping in his unit, and that dreamtwin preset does light up my clip LEDS intermittently, but i don't hear any distortion on my unit.
I downloaded them and they sound great. They are all pretty much kind of on the hot side and I do get some clipping, but I play with the input gain tickling the red. Took about two seconds to turn them down in the mix output of each patch.

They really do sound great. Thanks for sharing.

glad you could make sense out of it!

from the player side of these presets...

the dreamtwin is pretty fendery to me. heavily compressed with a pedal into a studio comp in front of the amp, multiband post amp, decent amounts of post amp verb/delay, designed more with arpeggiated chords in mind, although it hangs together on little single note fills as well.

the feel is sorta there, that plump pop, and there is a hint of blackface sparkle, but i'd prefer a more syrupy low mid and a breathier high end as i've experienced with fender amps and old speakers ala jensens.

plexi boost is my midgain patch sensitive to gtr volume, for strummy rhythm and low crunch and slow lead play. i was trying for the dynamics of a plexi married to the spank and grunt of an ac30.

i've been bouncing back and forth between the screaming plexi and cliffs of holdsworth for solos.
plexi has more attack and feels better for playing crunch rhythm and lead in the song, and cliffs is a ej/holdsworth territory of lead tone..less sharp attack and more fat horn attack with stringy trailing edge.
plexi can seem skinny at times, and cliffs a bit mushy in certain circumstances, but they are good jumping points and sound better as volume increases in the monitoring/amp side.

Back
Top Bottom