My band's new song 'Dreaming'

I'm sorry to say this but I would say the music is top quality but spoilt by fairly OTT vocals. So to expand on that, the music I really like but it is not comfortable long term to listen to because the vocals are too load and not really fitting. I think it would be far better with 'standard' vocals most of the time but move into the growly stuff occasionally as required. It was still good enough to put on my 'keep checking out' list.

Last edited:
You guys sure can play! I have to agree on the vocals though. Even guys like Greg from Dillinger or Jonathan (ex-Contortionist) are pleasing to listen to when they're yelling/screaming/whatever. The vocals kind of remind me of the "underground" metal vocalists from the west coast that got big for a while (Volumes, Structures). The chorus bit is super cool! I love that part. If I was to idealize your tune into my personal framework, I would consider spending some more time writing those melodic sections. They're very pretty, if that's a word you're okay with. Melodies and creative guitar harmonies will make those chugga-chugga parts/screaming stand out more, instead of the other way around, you know? But, seriously, great tune!

Vox = meh. Just too Over The Top. Release the tune as an instrumental & go out & find a new guy to sing it. This guy's screams sound so painful they hurt me.
Music = pretty dang sweet though. Good jorb mang

Whoa the music is facemelting. Not feeling the vocals though :( Not because he's not good... just not my thing. But the tones/playing/composition I really liked.

guys, what the f? these vocals are spot on in regards to this genre. I'm not a fan of all the layered vocal tracks tho.. isn't that called demon voice?

it's just odd that everybody love the music but not the vocals, where do you find that sort of music without those vocals? It's a package deal

So are people in general. I vote with my dollar. So to speak.

Actually, I remember some latin, I think, group.....called P.O.D. ?.......that was instrumental. Were playing huge shows, too. In Europe. Never happen in the states. Probly not in the UK, either.

It is no disrespect to this type of singing, I have listened to & loved the growly/screamy stuff for 20 + years now, but these vocals...they just sound too forced, like the guy is running a cheese grinder slowly down his throat (& not in a woah, METAL sort of way), but in a...ouch that is harsh sort of fashion.

Back
Top Bottom