my band's album (mixture of Ultra + modified 5150)

Army

Hey guys

My band's name is unstucc and we are based in southern Germany. Our genre is Metal with some elements of Rock and Hardcore, but quite melodic.

Today we released our new album "fragments", which I'm happy to show you guys, because I love the guitar sound we managed to create (you must know: this is a low budget production!)

Here are some details about the guitar recordings:

Recording the distorted sounds we used a mixture of my Ultra and my bandmate's modified (by Tonehunter) 5150 going into a 2x12 Vox with Celestion Blue Bulldogs. The Axe sound itself sounds really like shit, but the combination did it 8) I tried to recreate the sound in the Ultra, but I failed. I'll investigate a bit more, maybe I'll be able to do it one day (I'm not the best hacker for patches, I'm still learning).

For cleans we used a Vox AC30 into this very same Vox cabinet. Back then (recording actually happened a whole year ago, when my Ultra was quite new to me) I wasn't able to get such a sound from the Ultra (so we used the amp), but now my clean setting is the same, the AC30 into this 2x12 with Blue Bulldogs. Sounds really nice :)

I played all the main guitar lines with those amp setups and with my FGN Expert Elan with really fat strings (D'Addario XL157, which are 014-068 ). I played the fat guitars twice for the stereo effect, so there's no dubbing.

If someone's interested, I could export the mentionned patches and upload them here. But my Ultra is in the rehearsal room, so it might take some time till I do it. And remember, I'm still not entirely satisfied with my patches.

Enough talk, here's where you can listen to the album. I'm curious about what you think!

Thanks dude!

I think I'll use the christmas holidays to give it another try to replicate the sound with my Ultra. I'll share everything :)

Back
Top Bottom