My Band Teaser Video made with Axe 2 and Variax 89 F

tvegas99

Inspired
The whole video was shot live in 2 hrs. and we had one person recording audio and one person monitoring 3 cameras... we'll be doing a more involved/thorough video in August but this has to suffice for now... I don't get to be apart of the post-recording-editing-mixing process... I used the Variax 89F and my Axe 2 with the Atomic CLR behind me, it was truly a plug and play experience- 2hrs start to finish

Comments and criticisms welcomed... thanks in advance for checking it out!

band page- EBE | Philadelphia Wedding Bands, DJs, Top Dance Bands, Philadelphia Disc Jockeys, Party DJs Philadelphia | Paris

youtube- EBE Paris - Philadelphia Wedding Band, Party Band, Dance Band - YouTube!

Wow, you guys are excellent. Really nice guitar work and Kriig is right, that bass player is phenominal. Those singers are hot enough to cause a few divorces at these weddings so be careful :)

Hey Kriig- The Variax 89F is really a great guitar, I'm not a huge fan of the neck profile, it's very shredderish. I wish it had the profile of a JTV69. It stays in tune very well and sounds great for a do-it-all kind of guitar. My fave JTV for sure. that bass player and I have been together for 20 years, from original rock to jazz to this gig... I've been very fortunate. You should hear him play upright!

Here is a review of it on TGP

The weight on my JTV89F is 7.3 lbs, it has a flat shredder type neck that is a big change for me. Reminds me of an Ibanez RG, the 89F has a modern sound to it as well with it's mag pups and it's Floyd Rose trem. This is the second Variax I've owned, my first was a JTV69 and I really didn't bond with it. At the time, the modeling didn't make it a must have and the mag pups were not my preference and I didn't find that it stayed in tune very well. I did enjoy the variety of the sounds and the alternate tunings. I really enjoyed the JTV69 neck profile but I did experience the high E being too close to the fretboard edge.

Acoustic music is more prevalent in my gigging these days and this is what prompted me to give the Variax another try. It eliminates the need for me to carry around another instrument (acoustic) and all the hassles that go with it. We don't do a lot of acoustic music, so carrying around another guitar just for a handful of songs is a major PITA. (stage real estate, is it in-tune, properley monitored, sounchecked, etc...) So far, after the first week of giggin I think I'll hold onto this one for a longer period of time. It stays in tune well, is easy to play, it's comfortable and I really like the variety of sounds both electric and acoustic. Overall I like it much better than the JTV69.

Many thanks fatandugly!

Back
Top Bottom