My band Sectioned - New song (S2.0 + Axe-Fx/FAS Modern)

PedSectioned

Inspired
Hey dudes, this is a new song from my band 'Sectioned'. It's from our unreleased E.P 'Demons' (Temporarily titled 'Kittens' if you follow our YouTube videos). This is only the instrumental but as soon as our vocalist Greg has recorded the vocals when he comes down on the weekend of the 17th we'll be giving a definite date for the E.P release. We have already been pushing on with an album so it's busy times. The song is free download, all we ask is that you share it with at least one friend. Used axe-fx + superior 2.0 on it!

Patches for metal consist of FAS Mod and the German Cab. Clean patches and effects are sometimes modified crystal echoes and some others that I can't remember off-hand

Any questions then fire away!

free download:
http://sectioned.bandcamp.com/track/wake-up-its-starting

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055zpLnqZj0

Not my kinda metal. Sounds thin and weak. But, that's how the kids wanna sound these days. Nice fidelity, though.

Thanks D20.

Prometh did you listen to the YouTube version? if so then it's of significantly lower quality than the bandcamp link...appreciate your input though.

No, I checked out the other link. I just really really dislike how metal is sounding nowadays. It's cool that solos are back, but neo-classical sounds fruity especially when trying to be serious. And today's metal tone is just.. meh. :)

I know what you mean, these songs were written 2 years ago we've only just getting round to recording them as a full band. It's taken so long because i've been looking for a sound that i'm happy with and now that we have the foundations I hope to build on it. We have album material and even though this song and the others from the E.P are fun to play live i think I'm a bit bored of them especially in the recording phase and I don't think they represent entirely how we sound now, it's weird. Yeah it does but I think neo-classical in large doses as with any particular sound or influence get's dull. Sorry man it sounds like i'm trying to take your opinion from you, i'm not haha. As for the tone thing it's all just down to preference and what I find works well in the mix. I actually didn't like this tone but I didn't have the patience to go back and re-record the guitars, instead I just wanted to use it as a learning process! I'll stop blabbing but again, thanks for a detailed input! It was constructive and I appreciate that :)

No prob. To me, only Randy Rhoads and Yngwie Malmsteen have been able to pull off classical in metal. And even they sound fruity sometimes, but when they don't, it's glorious :)

Edit:
Oh yeah, and Jason Becker... some of his stuff was pretty intense and non-fruity, heh.. but some of it was... Classical just takes on that characteristic when it's sped up [to me]

Last edited:
SICK

Call me New-School i think its killer.

Your tone is insane, The mix is so good i can listen to the song thru my crappy pc speakers at work and hear all the fun layers.

Job well done can't wait to hear more. Ill be watching!!!

Very cool! I think the only thing that bugged me where the really aggressive cuts/edits during the start/stop bits, sounds almost TOO tight to me, but thats just my opinion. :)

Everything else is killer!

Not what I would normally listen to, but I thought this was fantastic. It's got a consistent vibe explored from different angles. Very creative.

Oh, and great chops. Personally I think this whole period in this genre is going to be dated primarily by the machine-gun kick drum.

Death Metal is rising, that's for sure. But, I think that after it's had its run, people will start going back in time for ideas. Things can only get so fast before it becomes annoying and juvenile. We'll see what happens.

Thanks guys. If you like death metal then you should definitely check out my friends band 'The Schoenberg Automaton' technical metal that will blow you away!

I've always liked your stuff PedSectioned. I'll grab the EP when its out, and I already know about The Schoenberg Automation :p

Back
Top Bottom