My axe fx tones sound dirty..

Hello; i have a problem.. I'm using axe fx 2 about 6 months and still i couldnt figure it out.. Clean tones sound dirty like little bit overdrived.. They are not soft.. What do you think? Is My axe fx damaged? Can you help me?

There's a lot of variables here. Maybe post some more info about what specific amp model you're using and the settings. Certain clean amps are more easily overdriven than others especially dependent on the master volume so you gotta give us more information first.

Did you buy it used or new? If it was used consider a factory reset. You never know what the person before you did. If it's new then like posted above adjust your gain and go from there.

These are only a few of MANY possibilities, so we need more information. It's very unlikely that you have a damaged unit because what you are describing sounds very much like a setup/config scenario.

How are you running your AFX? Is it through a computer or amp? If a computer, check that your interface's sampling frequency (if one is used) is set to 48kHz and not something like 44.1.
In both cases, check you are not clipping excessively - the lights in the front of the unit should only tickle the red at the most.

Can you share a preset ?

The OP is saying all of the factory presets sound dirty as well, including the clean ones. I reckon it might not be related to a specific preset but something else. OP has not given us much info on how everything is hooked up so hopefully will do so soon.

The OP is saying all of the factory presets sound dirty as well, including the clean ones. I reckon it might not be related to a specific preset but something else. OP has not given us much info on how everything is hooked up so hopefully will do so soon.
All clean factory presets sound dirty on mine too if i use a humbucker...

I'm sending samples.. These are my factory presets..They should be very clean and soft, but they are not..
I'm conneting axe fx to my audio interface(steinberg ur 22) but even if plug-in my head phones directly to axe fx it sounds same..

Attachments

• Brownface.zip
    608.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Brownface.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Double Verb.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Double verb.zip
    590.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm sending samples.. These are my factory presets..They should be very clean and soft, but they are not..
I'm conneting axe fx to my audio interface(steinberg ur 22) but even if plug-in my head phones directly to axe fx it sounds same..

Thanks for sharing, those clips actually sound correct to me! Sounds like @AlGrenadine was right, are you playing with hum buckers?

I play with hum buckers too and the thing is you normally roll back a touch on your guitar's volume, and/or adjust the Amp block to compensate.

As I mentioned earlier, try rolling back your guitar volume control. If your guitar doesn't have very good dynamic range then you can also make some adjustments in the Amp block, e.g. reduce the input gain.

Must be hot pickups. I have the same problem with one of my guitars. I inserted a filter at the front of all my presets (-6db) so i can kick it in whenever I use that guitar. All my other guitars sound fine with the normal settings. Another way would be to reduce the amp input trim on all your presets.

So everything is normal... Factory cleans work well with single coils... Lower input trim or input drive in these presets for your guitars

Back
Top Bottom