My Axe Fx Rig Makes its Debut!

elchampion

Inspired
I've had my AXE-FX Ultra since January and have been taking my time dialing it up and programming the Liquid Foot Pro. Yesterday was the first time the rig left my room and hit the stage. I run it into a QSC HPR 122i and ran the out of that into the PA. In the past I had trouble hearing myself and since our amps weren't miced some of the guys in the band had trouble hearing me too. I used a Zinky 1x12 blue velvet combo. Not after last night though!!! I've read this forum for a long time and how awesome peoples show were and this and that, but until you go thu it yourself you don't know how amazing the Axe sounds. The past 5 years I 've gone thru a bunch of boutique pedals, amps, G-system, and a VG-99. I can finally say that I have found my tone nirvana with the Ultra. I've barely scratched the surface but with the help of this community and the amazing customer service, I couldn't be more happy. Its worth every penny!!! :D

My new dilemma is to go stereo or not. I love how it sounds thru headphones!!

Thanks Cliff and Fractal Audio for creating the future!! :cool:

Congrats on all your hard work and the payoff! :D

I highly recommend going stereo if you are trying to replicate huge recorded stereo tones in a live setting. However, with the Axe-Fx you don't need to go stereo to get a decent sound. I had been using a Pod X3 live and went with stereo sounds all the time to compensate for the weak tones. Doing this definitely helped make an anemic tone passable but a well designed stereo tone from the Axe-Fx is phenomenal!

Either way, you are in for a fun filled ride. :)

Thanks Secret80's Man! Yeah I know that its not necessary going stereo in a live setting. It's been discussed on this forum many times. Right now I'm gonna stick to Mono and if I decided to go down the road and carry more stuff to a gig I'll try stereo. Having options is a good thing!

I must say. I ran mono because I was thrilled at the tone I was getting and couldn't imagine stereo being "that" much better.

I started running stereo a few months back (Delays, Enhancer mainly) and WOW the image is huge. Granted, I run IEMs so for me it is about as dramatic as it gets aside from hearing ping pong delay in the house. I say if stereo is an option, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom