My Axe FX II Vintage style clean tone:

Sam86

So after a lot of playing around and getting to grips with the snax, I've managed to find and tweak a clean tone that I really dig. I've also become a massive fan of the cavernous patch in 5.0 for voluming.
Anyhow here's a clip of the patch that I find really sings. For the guitar panned to the right for the melodic work there's a bit of tape delay added with a bit of reverb. The guitar panned to the right has a very light touch of delay with low repeats.
It's a Dr Z preset that's been tweak.

http://soundcloud.com/sam-alexander86/axe-ii-song-rough-draft

I'll be working on more clean patches for other amps soon.

Last edited:
Nice tones - That was cool - grew on me as you stacked it up. Put me in a trance like I was looking into the eyes of that snake in Disney's Jungle Book.

I too have really grown on the DrZ Amp block - It is Super SUPER responsive to guitar volume control changes and it is hyper-dynamically responsive. I love it. Cleans up nicely with excellent hair around the edges when you dig in, or lesser so, with mild increases. Then as you increase your pick dynamic pressure it just keeps changing its feel and sound. I hear changes in the amp with even the most minute increases in pick pressure. Kind of like a touch / dynamically controlled gain control is built in. I highly recommend users who are not familiar with the vast range of sounds the Dr Z block has on tap, try just set it, forget it, then use only you V knob and pick dynamics on this amp for a good half hour or so. You will be very pleasantly surprised. Reminds me of My Matchless Chieftain (in terms of dynamic response) in this respect. NICE

Great tone! Real down and dirty clean tone (okay if that's not a oxymoron). What guitar did you use?

Man listening to it more......I really dig man!! Looking forward to more!

Thanks, the guitar used was my old 93' Fender tele plus on the neck position for the rhythm tone, and the melodic guitar it was the rear single pick up and the neck combined. Started using the Z patch because I couldn't get the grind out of the AC30 patch that I've had with real AC30s :p

Why can´t I listen to soundcloud stuff on my mac ?

I just wanted to check this recording but it seems to be so fucking complicated.
I click on the link and come to a strange sound-cloud-page without no file to click ?
I even created an account and logged in. Does everything has to be so fucking complicated ?
Escuse me !
Can somebody tell me how it works ?

So after a lot of playing around and getting to grips with the snax, I've managed to find and tweak a clean tone that I really dig. I've also become a massive fan of the cavernous patch in 5.0 for voluming.
Anyhow here's a clip of the patch that I find really sings. For the guitar panned to the right for the melodic work there's a bit of tape delay added with a bit of reverb. The guitar panned to the right has a very light touch of delay with low repeats.
It's a Dr Z preset that's been tweak.

MKII Axe FX Cleans by Sam Alexander86 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I'll be working on more clean patches for other amps soon.

Back
Top Bottom